SAU Community

Different Rear Gtr Badge On R33 Gtr

Hi guys, as the title suggests, I noticed the rear GTR badge on my R33 GTR was recently vandalised or something so it's a little damaged so I am thinking about replacing it with another GTR badge from another generation of GTR's.

I don't like the rear R32 GTR badge as it looks a little small, the R33 GTR one is of course designed for the R33 but I was thinking of perhaps changing it up and going with a GTR badge from either the R34 or R35. Has anyone done this and any photos? I'm not trying to turn my R33 GTR into a R34 or R35 (nor would I want to) but just thought I'd be nice to swap the rear GTR badge seeing it's damaged anyway.

Thanks guys.

R32 GTR:

IMG_5498.jpg

R33 GTR:

IMG_4084.jpg

R34 GTR:

6343961698_a45e21860a_b.jpg

R35 GTR:

tumblr_nudzueB1xI1qk011mo1_1280.jpg

IMG_67261.jpg

Edited by Robocop2310

R32 GT-R is curved slightly to go with the boot. It's also colour coded.

The R33/R34 I assume are the plain ones, I got a cheap plastic one off ebay for a couple of bucks (still somewhere in the garage). They're aren't curved so won't sit on the R32 boot properly (assuming the cheap one I have is like the genuine thing).

R32 GT-R is curved slightly to go with the boot. It's also colour coded.

The R33/R34 I assume are the plain ones, I got a cheap plastic one off ebay for a couple of bucks (still somewhere in the garage). They're aren't curved so won't sit on the R32 boot properly (assuming the cheap one I have is like the genuine thing).

Thanks mate. I'm assuming you know I was referring to what would look OK on my R33 GTR. I agree with you though, the R32 GTR badge is a little curved to suit the R32's boot so would probably look funny on a R33. Perhaps the same can be said about the R35 badge so I'm leaning towards either stick with another R33 GTR badge or try the R34 one as they booth look somewhat similar.

Check out this stuff:

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/index.php?/topic/462801-Custom-Billet-Badge's---Unique-To-Your-Car

I am sure that Tim will be able to make a high quality badge for you. He is creating some items for me and I have seen some of the items he has produced for other SAU people and they look fantastic.

Check out this stuff:

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/index.php?/topic/462801-Custom-Billet-Badge's---Unique-To-Your-Car

I am sure that Tim will be able to make a high quality badge for you. He is creating some items for me and I have seen some of the items he has produced for other SAU people and they look fantastic.

Hey mate, Tim's work is obvious of high quality but I'm not after anything custom or aftermarket want the genuine stuff but wouldn't mind some thoughts on which type may be an alternative.

Cheers

I have an R35 GTR badge on my 32 GTR Boot lid.

I chose this emblem as it's modernised.

My 32 is not OEM colour or OEM looking so the choice for me was easy.

Your choice I feel is to stay period correct or to be different.

34 or 35. Personally I'd go 35. (I did :yes:)

I have an R35 GTR badge on my 32 GTR Boot lid.

I chose this emblem as it's modernised.

My 32 is not OEM colour or OEM looking so the choice for me was easy.

Your choice I feel is to stay period correct or to be different.

34 or 35. Personally I'd go 35. (I did :yes:)

Please post a photo? I'm tempted. :rolleyes: