SAU Community

Drifting Stock Engined Cefiro?

32drifter

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has had any real difficulties drifting their stock cefiro?

Mine has everything else setup eg mech diff, coilovers, adj suspension links, clutch etc however ive run into some cash problems and cant afford any major power mods for a while. i dont wanna waste time and money taking it out to a practice day for it to be uncompetitive and a handful to drift, but also i dont want it to really sit around while i save up for mods.

engine mods so far only include a cat back exhaust and hybrid front mount. rest is stock. how much boost can the stock turbo handle and for how long under drift conditions?

cheers

Aden.

yeah what softy said, you don't need that much power to drift if you've got a nice suspension setup and diff, stock RB20DET's should give you enough oomph. The only gripe I have with ceffy's is their boat like swaying. Make sure its got a low center of gravity and rigid suspension and you'll be fine.

In any case you should give it a go. It'll give you a feel for the car, and you can then tweak the suspension till it handles the way you want it to. A lot of guys bleet on about "teh ultimate drift machine" which they're building up, but have never seen a second of track time.

cheers guys for the responses, ill definately be out at a practice soon to give it a go as soon as i can source some tyres. anyone interested in some 235/45/17s i got, or willing to swap for some 16 inch rubber?

any ideas also about how much boost thru stock turbo?

Stock rb20 in the cefiro would probably be your SAFEST bet.

Just wind the boost to say 10psi and go for a dyno run to make sure it isn't r+r'ing or running lean.

A lot of guys bleet on about "teh ultimate drift machine" which they're building up, but have never seen a second of track time.

Shhh.. tell noone.

go for it mate, youll luv it, if i were you though id go on a quiet search for a r32 rb20 turbs(slightly bigger) or even a rb25 turbs, as someone mentioned above though youll have lean out issues though untill you get it tuned but i would suggest 10-12 psi and go n buy a dump/front pipe :D (rb's sound great with screamer pipes :D )

i have no turbo and auto and i still make it drift, seriously drifting isn't about how much power you have or suspension it's about the heart you have n how much you can stick it to the MAAAAON

• 2 weeks later...

They drift really nicely with standard power if you have a good set of coilovers and a 2 way, and a set of pineapples help too.

After some mods and a few gearboxes later I had mine running 195rwkw and it drifted really well it was an animal. RB20s sound really nice with a 3" exhaust with no cat or muffler :D

• 1 year later...

Just got myself a stocker imported well almost completly stock, Came with jic all round,3" zorst, cuscu sturt brace and had been converted to manual i pressume because of the dash and the cruise controll switches, Engines a standard rb20det and shes a nice responsive handeling car i was really impressed didnt expect that much from it