SAU Community

police

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by R31Heaven

What peeves me of most cars you see in major accidents on TV are your average Mr Joe family cars not performance. so why do they treat people with modified cars as the bad guys. I wonder what the actual stats are on car accidents/deaths on the road ???

thats such a good point well to what i have seen anyway.. he is correct ] :P

Originally posted by INASNT

they cant do shit when your car is on private property!

Another urban myth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I pity you if you actually try and say that to a cop and find that they just laugh in your face :bahaha: :bahaha:

cops are usually quite understanding to girls driving high powered cars - they automatically assume we dont know whats under the bonnet then start making excuses for us ........ easily talked my way out of a six point fine before did a quick walk around the car but no sticker or anything went on it and i think my rego sticker was outta date at the time as well. Dont see cops as that much of a threat, seem to see the best in me :D

Originally posted by Merli

Another urban myth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  

I pity you if you actually try and say that to a cop and find that they just laugh in your face :bahaha: :bahaha:

u tell me that if my car is parked in my driveway a cop can come and canary me or give me a ticket for sum shit?? dont think so!

just like they cant come in and search your house without a warrant!

INASNT you are a tool, i have read all your posts on this subject and you have no f****n idea what your talking about. You talk sh**. plain and simple. the reason cops pull over skylines is because they have probably pulled you over and now think all skyline drives are as f***ed as you. pull your head in mate, posting comments like "the only good cop is a dead cop" is a waste on space and we shouldnt have to read your sh** if thats all you have to say. one day your going to really need those guys in blue, possibly even to save your life.........but hey, who needs them.......right??

u tell me that if my car is parked in my driveway a cop can come and canary me or give me a ticket for sum shit?? dont think so!

just like they cant come in and search your house without a warrant!

Of course police can search your house without a warrant.

What's the point in them being police otherwise?

All they need is reasonable beleif that you have something illegal or something stolen or similar, and they can force their way in without a warrant.

So by the same token, if your car is parked in the driveway, and they can see that it is too low or similar, then there is no reason why they can't just walk onto the property and unroadworthy the car. :)

And LOL I just had to reply to this too....

And their moto is 'to serve and protect', pfftt yeahhhh right!!

I think someone has been watching too much American TV. :) :bahaha:

The Victorian police motto is "Uphold the right" :P

when i was looking to buy a skyline i took one for a test drive and a copper followed me around for the whole test drive no matter what little side street i went down he did too - so i pulled over and waited for the prick to pass me then gave it some stick.

But i find the coppers over here quite reasonable and willing to let it slide if i batter my eyelids a little :)

Originally posted by R31 Skyline Chick

The Victorian police motto is "Uphold the right" :)

uphold what right?? All the vic cops do is raise revenue on bullshit!

john

i have asked the cops for help many a time and they havent helped me with shit, just pull me over for no reason doin 60 in a 60 zone, 0.0 blood alcohol level all points left on my license yet i still get ***ed over more than once!

When i come into a contact with a cop that isent an complete asshole then i might change my attitude!

until then they can get ***ed!

I got hit for 30k (peak speed was 36k+) over the limit yesterday (3m sus. 550 fine). This was in a huge industrial zone.

Was just driving normally, shifting at 2500/3k, not even thinking about speed really. Under cover SS rams in my arse, thought he was going to check out the car for mods/check to see if it was stolen. Turns out that wasn't the case...

The bit that shits me, is he said my peak speed was 36k+, so that would have been for a few seconds as i came upto another car, most of the other time i wouldn't have even been doing 20+. Tried pleaing with to reduce it to an under 30k fine, but he basically said stiff shit...

I didn't think undercovers had radar?

Say im already awaiting a 3m suspension, and now i have this 1, does that make it 6m, or...?

That should be 6 mnths unless the susp already went through in which case it will be a year.

Most cops have radars now but its still just as effective to do the ol speed check where they just sit at the same speed as u and see what ure doin. This brings me back to my point on how u should see cops b4 they see u.

Ona side note, i was listening to the scanner the other day and when they do an id check it comes up that a person is a relative of a cop. I wonder if i get special dispensations becasue my old man was cop?? be interesting to know.

John: calm and control, time to take the blue pills

007: They have been having a problem with lines being stolen etc right? maybe they were following to see if u went to ure posted address.

I read with interest all the different views posted in this thread and have some comments to put forward on a couple of notes. I know that all of you may not agree, but take it from me....an older driver (38)...who has been there, done that.

1. I have never been pulled over in my lowered modified 94 gtst. Why ?....I don't really know...you would need to ask the coppers that I have passed by at the time. Perhaps, my driving style ??...slow and steady ?? , (well not too slow....I'm not an old fart...they piss me off too)...who knows. We all know what is required on the roads...if you are doing the right thing...that's all you can do....that's all I do. I find I get passed a lot whilst driving around town...but as I've said before...I just like cruising in one of the finest machines on the road.

2. My cousin is a copper, and my present boss was a SA copper for 21 years. I have discussed this issue with them on a number of occasions...really there is no secret. If you get pulled over, 'RESTECP'.....I mean 'RESPECT'....GIVE IT, AND YOU'LL GET IT!

It really doesn't matter who pulls you over...it could be the nicest god fearing copper in town....if you lip on and piss him off, 99% chance you'll get a ticket. I have this info from the horses mouth....take note.....'yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir'....try it.

3. On note 2, if you did do something wrong, cop it sweet....nothing pisses me off more than someone who doesn't accept responsibility for their actions.....and I would think the same goes for the coppers....if their gear say's you were doing 120....then odds are you were probably were.....'sorry officer, I didn't realise...won't happen again....I'll concentrate more in future'.....(using the 'yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir' rule greatly enhances your chances of getting off). If your car gets canaried (defected)...then I guess, (as pointed out in other posts)...get it fixed....that way, the coppers have no ammo on you. If then you consider you are being harrassed, then you may probably be right, and may be able to take some action.

4. BagginG Mr Plod on a public forum like this will only alienate them more from our interest. We should be fostering a good relationship with them, rather than 'wishing them dead! Cruise organisers out there should perhaps discuss your intentions when organising cruises with your local police public relations officer....that way they will know you will be there and support you rather than harrass you.

6. where's 5.

5. oh there it is.

7. I am not a copper !

8. Yesterday, coming back from the coast, I was passed on a bend by some dick in a standard v6 commondore....he was crazy....flipping here, there and everywhere....others had to brake to let him back into the line of traffic as he misjudged the oncoming traffic on numerous occasions.....this my friends is the classic idiot...I knew I had more power than he had, but I didn't consider it prudent to pass on any of the occasions he did. Whats my point ??......'LEARN TO RECOGNISE YOUR LIMITS AND YOUR VEHICLES LIMITS'

9. Please don't hassle me if you don't agree with what I say, on the other hand, if you do agree, feel free to tell me what a good an wise bloke I am. It is only my view on a few points...I hope I didn't offend anyone in this post....I respect your right to have a point of view...respect mine.

cheers and beers to all

Ozzy

Ahh the ol goon in the v6 dodging traffic. Yep seems to me they make up 50% of the road toll.

4. :dont think so, telling cops u are going for a cruze is counter productive to the max. Sure it may work in ure favour but chances are it may not and 50% of the cars there get yellowed and then every1 will be thinkin "ahh good 1 m8 y u tell em that?"

Ozzy I agree with what you're saying.

See, the thing is, that age has a lot to do with it.

Most of the people who are being given a hard time by police are under 25.

People of the under 25 age group are also generally of the opinion that they don't need to do anything to become 'a victim'.

If they get pulled over once, it's all the fault of the big bad police, and it's not a matter of whether the police have a job to do, regardless of that fact, people tend to see themselves as a victim when they get pulled over.

I once got pulled over 3 times in one week, was breath tested twice in 2 days another week, and sure, it gets annoying, but thats life.

There is also the fact that driving is a privelige not a right.

If police are out pulling people over, then GOOD! That is what they are paid to do!

In the neighbourhood where I live, I certainly wouldn't complain about a police car following me home either. ;)

I know that I'm going to get bagged out for some of my comments, but I really don't care.

It's all justified. :)

INASNT you are a tool, i have read all your posts on this subject and you have no f****n idea what your talking about. You talk sh**. plain and simple.

thats why we like him! ;)

oh and brody, 1 year sounds about right and insurance is going to be the biggest byuetch if you decide to get it when u are able to drive again!

Ahh once again insurance rears its ugly head :)

Dam good point there R31 " Drving is a privilege not a right" thats just too dam true. Since i had my car ive been pulled over twice and both times were for doin somethign where i knew i was running a risk. As Ozzy said 'slow and steady' is the way to go the other time i got pulled over (not mentioned in theis thread) was ona cruise where a cop was sitting behind me just waiting for me to slip up. Ordinarily i would have taken it very easily on the launch but i was falling behind so i decided to go a little quick, not silly quick or even fast, just a little too quick and BAM hes on me like flies on shit.

"do u know y i pulled u over?"

"ahh no" (stunned look)

"u took off too quick at those lights"

"oh i didnt realise im just in a bit of a hurry"

Hes starts doing the walk around and kikin tyres

"its just been complied m8 so shes nice and legal"

"ok im gonna give u a warning but keep it low this weekend ok"

"thanks m8 have a good weekend"

And off i went no worries. I saw it coming but wasnt doing anything wrong so i would have been pissed if he nailed me. I never broke the limit of spun wheels or anything. I knew he was on my ass the whole time.

My point is that 9/10 u dont have to be pulled over unless u choose to. Unless u drive stoopid naturally in which cse u deserve it.;)

Fill me in on how ppl have calculated 1 year?

There was an old fine which never went through (despite paying it), that was 3 months, so nfi whats happening with that. Now this 1, for 30k+, which is also 3 months.

So im thinking, it will either be

a. 3 months for this

b. 6 months, 2 fines of 3 months

c. 3 months with the 2 over lapping...

So with 2 ppl saying "yeh ull be riding the bus for 1 year" has kinda got me worried...please explain :D

Originally posted by akeenan

thats why we like him! :D  

oh and brody, 1 year sounds about right and insurance is going to be the biggest byuetch if you decide to get it when u are able to drive again!

gives.gif what john thinks madfawk.gif