SAU Community

R34 Gtt Vs 03-05 Sti

I own a r34 gtt, awsome car, great power (208kw engine)(just a cat bak exhaust).

Few months earlier i raced a WRX(Stok AS a rock, no exhaust) in same year model (03-05), from rolling point i took him slowly but from take off the rex got at least 5 car lengths and we were slowly catching.

So i figured an STI would smoke me in a drag.

So tonight there was the STi(stok as rok aswell), 4 people in the car, in the skyline my cuz n me. We were teasing each other for a while until we came to a dead straight, nothing around.

so from 60 kmh both cars in 2nd and i was slowly leaving it, the front of his car ws about the bak whels of my car, there were a set of lights were he took of on us and left us about 5 car lenghts and we started pulling closer then he pulled away etc.

We were surprised but then i figured they are both 208kw(stock) and i guess the rear wheel drive would have an advantage from rolling.

but really i thought it would have done much better than a WRX, if there was 1 person in the STI maybe a different story DUNNO.

SO are u guys surprised or its a good result,

cheers,

You'll find that your GT-T doesn't actually produce 208kW out of the factory.......

He was probably held down by the weight.

A GT-T shouldn't catch an STi for a while (we're not talking Impreza WRX!)

I'd imagine in equal circumstances with equal drivers the STi would have done better.

At the drags or track, he would have served it to you.

My mate has a s14 with just a FMIC, BOV and turbo back exhaust and he rips 34 gtts with ease. The same car kept up with a stock WRX (just a bit faster actualy) from a rolling start.

So for your gtt to keep up with an STI, hmm, something doesnt sound right.

My mate has a s14 with just a FMIC, BOV and turbo back exhaust and he rips 34 gtts with ease. The same car kept up with a stock WRX (just a bit faster actualy) from a rolling start.

Huh?

If his s14 rips GT-Ts....then it should absolutely slaughter WRXs rolling start!

Right?

s14a's are significantly lighter than GTT's, the standard s14a turbo can handle 1bar of boost no probs.

s14a's are significantly lighter than GTT's, the standard s14a turbo can handle 1bar of boost no probs.

true

it also depends on what mods are on the GTT :) cant expect a stock GTT to keep up with a modded s14/a

my friend's sr20 180 (not an s14 but i think its even lighter?) has roughly the same mods as me and definately does not "rip" my GTT

but stock for stock.. the sti "should" be the go, but throw enough $$ at it and it'll beat anything you want :D