SAU Community

Gotta Put The Gtr Through Regency

slimjim

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chops and All,

I still beg to differ re the db limit for imports ,the sgt i dealt with had a folder - import specific models that quoted this and that.The 90db you are speaking about may be for aussie del models. I know i passed a couple of db under the limit (94 i think? )

Reagards,

SKYLINE...(Kym) B)

nah Kym - rules have changed in the last year or so - they have become more strict. An orificer gave me a lecture on the subject not long after the rules had changed.

See if you can get any sense out of Regency if you can bothered phoning them though - you will get a different answer each person you speak with (as usual).

Yeah when I rang Regency before I went to the exhaust shop I asked about exhaust legalities. They were you needed a cat, and to be under 90dB.

But I'm all sorted now, got a stock zorst on, Exhaust Tech are great guys, first workshop I've been to (haven't been to many) where they actually are nice and take an interest in your car! :worship:

Got pulled over on my way there as well by an unmarked police bike. I have a certificate to drive an unregistered vehicle but no plates hence why he pulled me over. He said that certificate didnt actually cover me, I still needed to have traders?

Said he could have sent me to court but let me go. Was a pretty decent guy actually.

I thought traders were only for businesses? I just told the rego office I had an unregistered car with no plates, how can I drive it to get the exhaust fixed, and they gave me the certificate... Nearly got into trouble! ;)

all this mucking about for us... then you see harleys on the road that are idling and it sounds like they got a jackhammer under ur head!

i doubt they are from the factory and i reckon theyd get close to 200db :P

personally my kakimoto full exhaust is vvvquiet. as loud as my daily stock ford corsair.

good luck with it all

Edited by r31turbo

whens you car go thro mate?? i got all my paper work for exempt from comp. the otha day, but them my bottom end went hahah so i wont b outting it thro for sometime now. just lucky that you have 12 monhs to get it thro

whens you car go thro mate?? i got all my paper work for exempt from comp. the otha day, but them my bottom end went hahah so i wont b outting it thro for sometime now. just lucky that you have 12 monhs to get it thro

I got a booking for Regency on the 31st. I think shes ready to go through. I'm sure they'll ping me for something though. Grrr 20 more days...

I dont really know what I get after I go through, I think I'm in the same situation as you, do we get a compliance plate or not? Or a certificate of exemption or something...?

Edited by slimjim

i think they fit a plate where the compliance plate is suppost to b say pritty much that you car has exemption from being fitted with a compliance plate...i think they are basicly checking that the car has been complied.

i think they fit a plate where the compliance plate is suppost to b say pritty much that you car has exemption from being fitted with a compliance plate...i think they are basicly checking that the car has been complied.

Nice. I think I'm all set then. Hope you get your car fixed sooner rather than later mate.

31st? Crud, I was hoping to get my defect cleared before the end of the month.. is your inspection different to a normal one? I mean is there a special "gouge the import driver" inspection, or are they all the same? I should have called and found out..

All I need to do now is get my grill blacked out so they can't see the cut-out metal and I should be good! Ahhhhh I so hope I don't get screwed over, I really do. I am so tempted to "move" to the country for a week and get a cop to clear it... freaking regency, why do they need to make it so hard for us? Haha.. I'll try to get my inspection on the 31st too, so we can sit and sweat it out together..

31st? Crud, I was hoping to get my defect cleared before the end of the month.. is your inspection different to a normal one? I mean is there a special "gouge the import driver" inspection, or are they all the same? I should have called and found out..

All I need to do now is get my grill blacked out so they can't see the cut-out metal and I should be good! Ahhhhh I so hope I don't get screwed over, I really do. I am so tempted to "move" to the country for a week and get a cop to clear it... freaking regency, why do they need to make it so hard for us? Haha.. I'll try to get my inspection on the 31st too, so we can sit and sweat it out together..

Yeah duno, I think all the inspections are the same. I think it's just a roadworthy. I booked mine in a few weeks ago and the 31st was the earliest I could get in!

But if you get yours on the same day watch out for a grey 32 GTR might see ya there! He he.

I just rocked up at Regency with no appointment. They generally have about 2-3 no shows a day. I had to sit around and wait for 3 hours though. The first appointment I could have had was 3-4 weeks away when I called them. After waiting for 3 hours they were going to book me in the following week and were in the process of doing so when the guy came and called me through. He even passed me.

I just rocked up at Regency with no appointment.  They generally have about 2-3 no shows a day.  I had to sit around and wait for 3 hours though.  The first appointment I could have had was 3-4 weeks away when I called them.  After waiting for 3 hours they were going to book me in the following week and were in the process of doing so when the guy came and called me through.  He even passed me.

Nice! Sounds good. I have to take a day off of work to get there though, my boss wouldn't be too pleased if I spent a whole day and I couldn't get it in. Is it possible to have someone else take the car through for you? Or does the owner have to be present?

(Or does anyone have a booking before the 31st that they aren't going to use and I can steal? :P )

Bugger... theres no way my car is going through on the 31st, shame! Would have been nice to meet up with some more car enthusiasts, and share the regency love.

Oh well, I hope you pass mate :O

Haha 'Regency love'...

Fingers crossed I do pass. I just took the car to a compliance place today I want them to triple check everything and make sure its schmick as, coz I really need the car to pass first time.

Otherwise the car I'm driving now will be returned to my sister and I will be car-less.

Oh well not long now...

Update -

Ouch... after the guys at the compliance shop checked the car over, well, theres a lot to be done.

Turns out I have braided brake lines, need to go back to stock. Worn front rotors and pads, need to get new ones, leaky 3rd injector, new wiper blades, full detail inside and out.. the list goes on...

*cough* $1800... *cough*

:D

Yeah I knew work would have to be done... shit happens.

The main costs were new front rotors and pads - around $500

New brake lines to replace the braided ones - $350ish

Replace bushes or some other suspension stuff can't quite remember - $300ish

Engineers certificate for the side intrusion bars - $185

The detailing is like cleaning up all oil and grease stains and stuff... Regency can be picky... my mates car didn't go through first time because of 'dirty underbody' and it wasn't caked on mud or anything rediculous.

But after it all, it should go through first go. Which is what I really need. I can't believe all the stuff they're changing that Regency pick up on! New wiper blades and spacers under the child restraints etc etc...

Oh wells all part of the import-owning game I guess :(