SAU Community

Gotta Put The Gtr Through Regency

slimjim

yeah doesn't sound too bad mate. Maybe try to borrow/hire some standard brake lines from someone on here, or somewhere like Four Brothers Imports, then change them back to braided. Not a hard job to do youself, and would save you some cash.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, you have got to be sh#@ing me about the dirty underbody? :) I mean how many cars are TOTAL PIECES OF CRAP!! Driving around!!! Man, I am totally screwed, I will never ever get this car on the road!! Unless... the real regency love is reserve for you skyline fellows... a fellow magna owner told me that although regency was picky as, they were LESS picky than he thought they would be... Bah, if I get defected again when I go in, I am going to temporarily move to the country and get it cleared down there. Stupid regency! Why do they have to make it so hard.

Hmm.. I pray that it's an import only thing, my seat belts are FADED SLIGHTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGWTF AM I GUNNA DOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Additionally, I swear if I am defected again I am going to personally call the police and report cars (ie, falcadores) that aren't roadworthy. Haha.. how many VH's have cut springs? ALL of them! Screw it, make more work for them, more cars to inspect. When a whole buttload of people complain to the government about the harshness of regency, we will see.

OO even better, do BMW's that have big wheels, find out which ones come with 16's, and report ones with 19's. Then we can piss people off who have money and therefore political clout.

Anyway, front pads? Braided lines? How will they know? They can't take your wheels off, surely. I was told by plenty of people they have no tools. I can't wait until wednesday to hear what happens with your car.

Bah, you have got to be sh#@ing me about the dirty underbody?  :P I mean how many cars are TOTAL PIECES OF CRAP!! Driving around!!! Man, I am totally screwed, I will never ever get this car on the road!! Unless... the real regency love is reserve for you skyline fellows... a fellow magna owner told me that although regency was picky as, they were LESS picky than he thought they would be... Bah, if I get defected again when I go in, I am going to temporarily move to the country and get it cleared down there. Stupid regency! Why do they have to make it so hard.

Hmm.. I pray that it's an import only thing, my seat belts are FADED SLIGHTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGWTF AM I GUNNA DOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Additionally, I swear if I am defected again I am going to personally call the police and report cars (ie, falcadores) that aren't roadworthy. Haha.. how many VH's have cut springs? ALL of them! Screw it, make more work for them, more cars to inspect. When a whole buttload of people complain to the government about the harshness of regency, we will see.

OO even better, do BMW's that have big wheels, find out which ones come with 16's, and report ones with 19's. Then we can piss people off who have money and therefore political clout.

Anyway, front pads? Braided lines? How will they know? They can't take your wheels off, surely. I was told by plenty of people they have no tools. I can't wait until wednesday to hear what happens with your car.

Haha nice... you're right though, it does seem that we get picked on the most. Good to see someone willing to ruffle a few feathers lol

I'm not sure if they'll take my wheels off, but I'm pretty sure checking brake pads and other braking components would be done in all roadworthy inspections.

But hey... looks like I won't be using my early morning Tuesday Regency booking anymore, as the workshops taking it through on Tuesday arvo, or Thursday. So if anyone out there is waiting for a booking to get their car through, by all means, Tuesday the 31st, 8 40am. Its all yours.

awesome to hear James!!!

Were they dicks about it all, or pretty laid-back?

I will come over on the weekend to show you my new toy, and look at yours :D

Yeah I'm so happy.

I didn't take the car through, I got PVP Imports to do it, because they fixed up a few things before today. I thought it would have a better chance being taken through by a regular workshop guy than some 19 year old punk <_< lol

No worries, come on over. I'd love to finally see the R34 in the flesh B)

Awesome!!! Congratulations man.. when Magnarifico is on the road, I must check it out hehe...

Oh yeah.. my regency date is the 28th.. damn, I should have called 2 weeks ago. The lady told me to call in the mornings to see if anyone pulls out.. I have a week off soon, I'll be calling every day :D

Awesome!!! Congratulations man.. when Magnarifico is on the road, I must check it out hehe...

Oh yeah.. my regency date is the 28th.. damn, I should have called 2 weeks ago. The lady told me to call in the mornings to see if anyone pulls out.. I have a week off soon, I'll be calling every day :D

Haha nice... If you REALLY wanna get it through sooner, call around some compliance shops, see if they have any cars that aren't gonna be ready by their Regency date, and see if you can snatch it up (might cost $$$)

Thats what happened to me, there was an RX-7 that wasn't quite done so I stole his spot! :P

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost? My wheels probably won't pass (1 cm too wide, I think :P) so I guess a compliance shop will probably have some stockies.

Cost me about $2,000 for workshop stuff, another grand or so for Regency, rego etc etc

Thats not normal price for compliance though, got new upper contol arm bushes, new front brake rotors, pads and brake lines and right hand front drive shaft and boot.

Without all those things done, would've come in around.. $700. But my car was NSW complied anyway so I guess I'm a bad example!

I think the average price is about $1200, but if your car isn't in perfect condition, costs can rise pretty quickly!

Well the car is australian delivered, so in my understanding regency isn't as stupid harsh. On the VIN inspection sheet, they have different classes, and one of them import. It would be ridiculous if they were as harsh, because theres a lot of cars that go through regency that aren't bone stock and factory perfect.

Why did regency cost a grand? When I called them they told me it was 72 bucks for an inspection?

Duno about the Aussie delivered ones, wouldn't think you'd have to change anything on them as they would already comply with Australian standards?

Registration after Regency cost me, stamp duty was over $700 bucks, then 3 months rego, plates etc etc

:rolleyes:

Edited by slimjim

• 3 weeks later...