SAU Community

Old Fine

Bennoz

I was reading up and came across that the cops are not able to

radar you whilst you are going down a hill.

I live in Vic

I coped a fine about a year ago for 120 in a 80 zone lost me lic for 6 months

but i was done whilst i was going down a hill!

Is it worth chaseing it up

would i be able to have it changed

has anyone been through this would like to hear!!!

Cheers

If you were going to try and contest the fine on the grounds of radar location you would have had to of done when you had your time in court, but I still think you would have suffered the same fait. It’s not like we’re talking about 5km/h over here. I personally wouldn't bother try to do anything now, it would only become a burden of both your time and your finances. Sometimes you have to admit fault and take things like a man :)

If you were going to try and contest the fine on the grounds of radar location you would have had to of done when you had your time in court, but I still think you would have suffered the same fait. It’s not like we’re talking about 5km/h over here. I personally wouldn't bother try to do anything now, it would only become a burden of both your time and your finances. Sometimes you have to admit fault and take things like a man :)

you are right about speed cameras downhill, i dont know if it is worth chasing an old fine though.

it would be worth it if you werent going so obviously over the limit... like 5kmh... more then likely would have been ok and not even given one... 10kmh... a possibility... 40.. AHAHAHA

If you pay the fine, you have admited to doing something wrong.  You have to contest it before this.

correct, you pay the fine, you admit to the crime.

cant come up with some random theory that isnt correct anyhow :D

going down a hill doesnt mean you can go any speed you want, you are still spose to stick to the speed limit.

i got my first speeding fine going down a hill in a 70km/h zone

speeding offences are strict liability offences - you dont need the fault element at all, just doing it is enough

The hill business isn't so much a rule, as a guideline, and it certainly wouldn't get you off going 40 over the limit.

Yes this is correct. The "rules" that u read about are just guidelines that police are given so that it does not look like they are just "revenue raising". These guidelines are just that, guidelines, not laws so u would have no case at all if u went to court.