SAU Community

Wakefield Park - Sat 08/03/03

Roy

Anyone else up for Mon the 24th?

Dazsta: I am thinking about still going tommorow and maybe go Monday the 24th as well. One of my friends wants to take his bike there so Monday is good as bikes can go too.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fizer! Only Duncan and I showed!

It was pouring with rain all the way there and the track was VERY wet. Heaps of drift action and spills. I didn't end up going on track and as you can guess by this post, I didn't stay that long either.

Dazsta and anyone else who wants to come on Monday the 24th:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...&threadid=11730

Sorry i didnt meet at the arranged spot, i was running late as i had trouble with changing my oil filter.

The place was empty!!!! Im not going to complain about that!!!

I was the silver R32 that spent more time in the mud then on the black stuff. Didnt see anyone that i recognised , I thought Duncan and i were the only ones there from this thread.

Personally i thought it was great , only 3 cars out in Group A, Duncan, me and a quick ute. Even in the dry at the end there was only 4 cars out. I think they only ran two group in the morning, then bumped it up to 3 when the weather dried out. Still no way there was more then 25 cars there in total, many of which missed sessions.

Driving in the rain was a good experience although i did have 5 loses in 3 sessions, (Didnt even bother to try what Duncan was doing in my rear view...siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiideways!!!!!!!!!!)

Come the dry im sure my lines and times were better for the skating experience in the wet. The afternoon got that warm my car was overheating, maybe the caked mud in my intercooler/radiator.

CanberraR33, sorry you were disappointed, but at the end of the day, we make our own fun, and now having driven in the wet i have to say it was an exerience i needed to have, but hopefully i would have learnt better car control for the next time it buckets down at the track.

Well...Roy did make it as well.

And I had my biggest moment ever in the first session (yes, even bigger than the one that ended in a roll).

First full lap, heading down the straight cautiously due to very poor conditions.

Hit brakes BEFORE the kink (wuss, eh).......and spun....at approx 150.

Slid from the kink right to the corner sideways before finishing the full 360o at the corner. Passenger needed out to change underwear.

After that, had a great drift session, including 5! spins.

Watch out next time at EC pete! But, kids, don't try drift with "R" tyres - disaster - they slid into the corner OK, but you had to catch it first time, or when they get grip they shoot you of the track in some random direction!

We also got some excellant dry laps in the afternoon - no traffic (scared off by rain I guess) Only would have been 20 cars at most.

... and out of respect for Duncan i did the same thing during the thrid session, rear end came around at the kink, resulting in a 450 degree spin off the end of the straight. I think i was doing about 130 when i left the track, shat myself when it hit the grass and refused to wash off speed. BUT i grabbed 2nd gear and booted it before getting buried in the sand:D

I had a ball, but again overheating at the end of the day meant i could only get about 5-6 laps before having to back off for a lap or two. Still good opportunity to practice...

My step father saw the state of my car when i got home, grass in windsreen wiper blades etc, etc , and gave me a concerned look... better not let him see the footage.

Going to go watch DR30/Seton footage from 87 Bathurst and dream that in a couple of lifetimes i can do that in the wet.