SAU Community

Twin Charging!

Oblivion

Ok.

For starters does anyone knows anything about twin charging, and does anyone know of anyone who has heard of anyone doing it on a skyline or any nissan say rb engine? Was having a brainstorm this night and thought it would be an interesting topic to look into. Ta.

i have Twincharged a 4agze with a system i made up .. the Secret is in the Turbo to making it work . i love the system due to the wide fat torque band ,, you can make more Hp with just a turbo , but you dont get the broad torque band . power band is more like a v8 engine with instant torque on tap .. ,, here is a web site on a subaru systemhttp://www.forcedairtech.com/

You would set up the supercharger on an actuator which opens a valve for the turbos to take over. The supercharger will boost instantly giving you awesome take off, then when it reaches it's desired pressure of say 10psi the actuator opens the valve for the turbochargers from then on. That way you don't get reverse boost while the turbos are spooling and the pressure will only go one way. I have seen this set up on a corolla before and it worked extremely well.

• 3 weeks later...

That supercharger on GTR pic is totally fake, no way a setup like that will work.

You dont need any kind of switchover point etc either, the transition point would be horrendous and a bit pointless TBH.

Easiest and best way is for the turbo to blow through a rootes style charger at all times.

Theres a lot more to it than that, but thats the basics of a good working system.