SAU Community

Smashed Ma Car :(

FriniK

I dont believe this!? ...

i get a call from the peoples looking after my car and they recieved 2 quotes.

1 quote from some guy in punchbowl for $20k to fix the car

and the other from bankstown for $9800 ....

HOW THE HELL IS THERE A $10000 DIFFERENCE IN THE QUOTES!? ...

what am i going to get for $20k? ...a 2.6 DETT!? WTF?

this is what you do!!!!!!

get your quotes, then let the insurance companyt bargain with the panel beater.. once a final quote is done aske the insurance company to make the chq out to you...

get your 10k cheque, get it fixed for 5k and spend the rest on mods!!!

a mate of mine got hit from behind, end quote was $3000, we got the cheque, a rubber mallet, some planks of 2x4 and touch up paint, wacked it all into place, pocket $3k!

mate, i worked for a panel beater, and though the photos aren't brilliant for assessing the damage...it looks as if you may have bent the chassis rails..which can make her unfixable.

even to fix it, you'll notice a difference in handling due to stresses on the metal when she's bent back into shape.

you are looking at about 10k for a fix...i'd hope they write it off and go get yourself a new import R34 n/a or something similar..

hope it works out for ya mate.

$20k is someone who doesn't want to do it.

I'd just take the money from the insurance co and get a half cut in the right colour. You would end up making money on it which will cover your increased premiums and the excess.

Ouch.

That's really bad man, I hope you get another S2 NA..

My dad just paid $13k for a Turbo Series 2 :(

My series 1 N/a was 11k... but looking at some old pics of ur Series 2 (with the driveway troubles) yours looks very nice..

thanks for the sympathies guys ...

I waited 5-6 years to have my dream car and wrote it off in 3 months ...

Now i'll end up getting a small eco hatch till im 25 (1.5 years for insurance purposes)...then ill be back ...all turboed up ...badder than ever... if petrol doesnt run out by then ...

sorry to hear man, i did the same thing with my old 31, wrote it off in a few weeks, lol. Atleast you and everyone else is ok.

As for cars, just go third party fire and theft, i ended up getting a much much quicker and more expensive R31, still have it after don't know how long but longer than before, not a scratch (except for your usual crap with weather and gravel), and im not paying like $3500 a year to get it insured, and they know i wrote my previous car off.

This is eating me alive .... im going to see if i can get a third quote on fixing the car ...

Can anybody recommend somebody that will do a decent job at a nice price? ...

They said that I needed to replace some steering stuff etc ...

Im not going to let this go without a fight ...