SAU Community

Tell Me Turbos

StOjA

could someone tell me the diff between T3/T4 Steel wheel bush type core and a T3/T4 Steel wheel ball bearing core....

which one will spool up quiker .. which ones better and if i were to replace my stocker on my 32 gtst would i have to do any other mods to my stocker in order to get the car running right?

could someone tell me the diff between T3/T4 Steel wheel bush type core and a T3/T4 Steel wheel ball bearing core....

which one will spool up quiker .. which ones better and if i were to replace my stocker on my 32 gtst would i have to do any other mods to my stocker in order to get the car running right?

Ball bearing core = lower resistance = faster boost build and quicker throttle response. Also lower oil temp as the ball bearing cores are water cooled. Ball bearing cores require less maintenance than plain bearing cores.

Plain bearing core = higher resistance = slower boost build and poorer throttle response. Also higher oil temp as the plain bearing cores are generally oil cooled.

Standard the R32GTST has a ball bearing, water cooled core, so all of the necessary plumbing capabilities (water and oil) are already there.

:P cheers :P

Edited by Sydneykid

so if i were to upgrade i should go for the ball bearing.

once ive put this turbo on would the rest of my stock part be able to hanlde it ... (exhaust , filter and cooler will be changed ) would i have to get myself anything esle in order for the car to run well with no hick ups.... do i have to change my ecu?

search

an interceptor or piggyback keeps the stock ecu in place and modifies the signals going to it to allow you to change fuel and timing settings

they are not as flexible as a full replacement ECU but they are cheaper and work well for smaller power targets

if i were to change the turbo then i should get myself a powerFC?? i read that this one is very popular ... would i need a power FC if i were to just put exhaust cooler and wind the boost up a little?