GTR Garrett 350HP Upgrades

707160-5

pnblight uses them in WA and makes 500+rwhp with supporting mods

They bolt up to all the standard oil and water lines as well as dump pipes

several customers have pointed out, that they see a difference of 3-500rpm

Thanks

Tarek

RACESPEC

this is not the for sale section, traders can use thier own sections freely, not FI

cheers - R31Nismoid

The Garrets 2860s are not quite bolt on,The oil drains dont bolt back on as the bolt spacing is narrower than the stock turbo but well worth the effort and very cheap.

China low mount manifolds dont work with these turbos also,Comp cover hits the manifolds.

Guest Mashrock

r34 gtr n1 items.

depending on how far you want to go with them you can build yourself a responce machine.

you will need to spend alot more i guess to get the full potential out of these turbos tho.

cams, headwork, exhaust, etc etc etc

I want to put a turbo kit on my R32 GTR and i want a response car. so if any one can steer me in the right direction that would be great. my r32 is basicly stock has a exhaust. so any other parts that might help me with making a response car please tell

the best two units are

Garret gt2560r 707160-5

Hks 2530

I personally not very interested in the gt-ss as you loss top end with no real gains in the bottom end over the 2530 or gt2560r (personal opinion )

both direct bolt on and both very similar, if i had to pick the differences the garret will spool a little earlier and make a little more hp at lower boost BUT the HKS is capable of high boost and comes in to it own in this area but these not a lot of motors that will run 1.5 bar plus which is where i believe the HKS start to over come the garrets

Racespec can supply the garret at a very good $$ much cheaper thean the hks unit new out of japan (comparing new with new)

I have run the garret turbos through all the stages of my build up from std with exhaust 12.08 1/4 miles (std air box ,injectors,afms, ecu ) to 529.4rwhp at 20 psi

pete

2530's mate...i made over 440AWKW on race fuel and over 400AWKW on pump gas also made 467RWKW on 103unleaded....runs 10.3's and goes like a rocket off the mark..1.4-1.5 60' times...i might have a set for sale if you are interested...pm me

Edited by DiRTgarage