SAU Community

Which Would You Choose

Well if you are considering going something different to oem then why not go way out and put in a S6 Rx7 motor (13b-tt)... That would sound funny... 180 going wank wank....

Ok but sticking to a price issue here. I personally would go the rb25 due to simplicity.... I know them inside out and could wire one with my eyes closed. The first supra i worked on i stared at all the vacum hoses and scratched my head for a least a minute pictureing where everything goes before i pull it apart....

I do like the toyota engine. But i think the 1JZ is a bit gay. 2JZ is far more un-gay.....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one here has mentioned a rb30????

Buy a rb30na bottom end, gtr head..... Stock Gtr turbos will bolt on then so you've got a cheap set of factory fit turbos which can supply your 270rwkw. Make sure you have gtr inlet manifold too and no bonnet clearance problems which you will most likely have with rb25 inlet manifold.

Aftermarket Gtr turbo kits are about the same price as single set ups too.

G/box?

Rb25 - look around and you will find a cheap one.

I simply wouldn't consider a toyota engine as having done a rb into commodore conversion myself that was hard enough.

Get a 50 dollar narb30 bottom end and rebuild it with stock nissan parts then you know what you've got then work from there.

The torque will be phenominal and in a light silvia nuts.

Thank Fcuk someone finally said it.

but out of RB25 or 1jz, without a doubt, I'd say 1jz