SAU Community

A Little Debate Has Come Up With Me And My Friends

7yphon

Well Mines a RB20 and Its blowing smoke Must be Piston Rings as the Turbo is brand New and Tested by Turbo Tech but it only blows it when I let off the gas??

Well Mines a RB20 and Its blowing smoke Must be Piston Rings as the Turbo is brand New and Tested by Turbo Tech but it only blows it when I let off the gas??

Valve stem seals? Do a leak down test, in 20 minutes that will confirm which it is.

:D cheers :D

my initial thought was as per SK (smoke on lift off), but interestign it has only started doing it since this turbos went on.

does it blow smoke on start up after it has been standing? if so, it is most likely the valve stem seals.

But what you describe sounds more like a turbo related issue. check all your oil fitings as well as breather hoses...

Well when I first started the Car it was blowing blueish smoke but didnt have the smell of oil in it, I left it for a hour and came back and started it up again and the smoke was gone and only happend when I reved the car, So I thought it was the ECU so I took it out for a test run and it got better didnt do it at all, This was on stock boost BTW, So I thought I would test it and wound it up to 1 bar and now it blows it when I rev really hard like Go through two gears, Then when I back off she blows the smoke for 3 secs then clears up then nothing. On small boost doesnt do it at all.