• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Dust Brother,

I'm pretty sure Rally ® and Circuit © licenses are seperate systems.

You can come to the open track days that we get along to a fair bit, these only need standard drivers license. For wakefield open practice days you just pay about $30 for a wakefield license (for a year). For open practice at Oran Park or Eastern Creek you need a C3 or higher license.

Dragon18, circuit racing license (C3 and up) require an "Observed License Test", you can either take this seperatley or as part of a 1 or 2 day race driving course. Once youve done that you have to attend a flags lecture, medical and pay up! Oh, and you have to join a CAMS affiliated club like SAU NSW. Check www.cams.com.au for full details.

Guest ginger

Are these licences expensive? Are they realy hard to get, like do they do a driving test like a normal licence?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys/gals

New to the forum having just sold my MX5 and bought a 33gts-t series II. I have a 2NS and have done about 30 track days both in Vic and NSW over the past 2 years.

Zane, is that the zane from the MX forum?? Met you up at wakefield last year when the vic MX5 guys came up.

Anyway, the reason I wanted to get onto this forum is to find out if there is a club with a few skylines in Vic that does track days. I am currently a member of the MX5club vic and maserati clubs but would love to play with some other skylines......

P.S Very excited, my first day on the track in 'Brutus' is on the 4th Oct at Phillip Island with the HSV club. Got new track tyres and pads and figure why not get used to having 3 times the power of an MXC5 on one of the trickiest, fastest and potentially dangerous tracks in Oz!!! Ah, turn one, I can't wait.....

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a National Rally Licence.

Dust Brother... the NRL permits you to compete in all events that were covered by the old L2 (now L2S). This includes (but is not limited to) all "non-speed" events (motorkhanas, night runs, etc), khanacrosses, sprints, hillclimbs, Touring Road Events, National rallies (obviously)... just about everything you might reasonably want to do without getting in to door-banging.

If you're in SE Qld or NE NSW (or further afield - we get entries from all over), check my event on 24 July: http://www.queenslandchallenge.com

As for costs... a CAMS L2S will do most people and they are as cheap as chips. Hell, an NRL is only $132!

L2S requires no observed test but these tests are a dawdle anyway. They are more concerned with your ability to behave responsibly and take instruction from officials.

I have a L2S licence. This year I am competing in the MSCA sprint events through the Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Club. I'm hoping to compete in next years GP Rally and some other tarmak rallies that require the L2S only. So much fun. :rant:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...