SAU Community

Who Here Is Sick Of Their Job?

Bl4cK32

Im not promoting some bs thing, im asking as im in that position atm.

I have absolutly nfi what to do, or what jobs to consider. Id even think about going back to study if it meant doing something interesting...

Only thing id hate is the low income issue while studying...

Looking for ideas as to what to do, and was wondering what other people have thought about, or are doing....

Im sick of getting mondayitis....i need a change :)

Anoyne started their own business??...

Ignore this if you are fresh out of school or havent worked in the last 2 years ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Black32 lets trade jobs :P

im with an agency so when i dont like my job i ring em up and tell em get me sumthing new (that reminds me i should ring her)

im in production work making grout and i want to be doing sumthing with computers ... mt friends want me to start my own pc buisness

A trade seems to be the way to go if your keen on just doing work and going home for GOOD cash. I've been a Pre Press Operator working on computers running metal plates for printers for about 8 years now. Advertising trade can have it's moments with busy scedules and nagging clients but all in all i'm somewhat happy and am now on a good wicket with work and cash so all is good for me so far(fingers crossed)!!!

You could be a sports commentator :P

Seriously though, if you can manage it go back to school and study..

A few years struggle now will most probably avert a lifetime of frustration and angst, assuming you have the intellect to drive a qualification or degree that is. The only thing more wasteful in life than an educated idiot is an intelligent man that has little or no education.

Yeah i'm sick of mine, I work for a major vehicle manufact. and i'm in the customer relations department.

I deal with screaming/crying/angry/annoying people all day every day...

Currently i'm considering getting a job at a mine to set my self up and then join the airforce like i have always been planning to.

Just labour hire atm, nothing fancy. Have been doing metal fabrication (welding) since forever though...

Ive been through a few jobs between each, so ive sampled a good variety of work....

I have seriously considered study....i just dont know where i want to end up is the problem i think....

4 door - congrats. You are like the only person ive talked to so far who seems to like where they are at.

madbung - very wise words there :unsure:

Edited by Bl4cK32

I'm one of the 10% that love there job. I'm doing a trade Composite Technician, i work with carbon fibre/kevlar and fibreglass. making alot of parts for the race industry and carbon bonnets/bootlids etc etc for all other applications. go carbon fibre woot woot :PBJ:

Just labour hire atm, nothing fancy. Have been doing metal fabrication (welding) since forever though...

Ive been through a few jobs between each, so ive sampled a good variety of work....

I have seriously considered study....i just dont know where i want to end up is the problem i think....

4 door - congrats. You are like the only person ive talked to so far who seems to like where they are at.

madbung - very wise words there :unsure:

ye i work for labour hire too ive done so many different jobs in the last 3 years its not funny but i liked it ... now im looking for more permanent

i found a good job but took 50mins in 3rd gear to do a 30min drive and i was getting heaps frustrated with that (due to time of start)

madbung - is spot on the money

i work in a landscape supplys yard, i get to drive bobcats haha i dont mined that part of the job but im bored as with the rest of the stuff i do! im lookin at goin to mines. get my car done and then save heaps of cash!! so i got something ther for later on in my life. as i am only 20. so more i can save now better off later in life

yeah in the same boat, damn labour hire companies, are there any decent full time jobs or what. every where that i have gone full time its been a real shitter of a job. ive been doing plastic injection moulding for the last 3 years and i am so over it! every place seems to have the same problems, the ppl dont get paid enough and dont give a f*#@ about their jobs, no incentive. i decided to be pro active and did the university entrance exam (STAT) test. got a pretty good score and now want to do behavioural science. i could have stayed in that vicious circle of having no real money and working hard to pay bills, seeing out my days as factory sh## kicker. so if you hate your job i say get an education and widen your oppurtunities!

im not trying to sound like a preacher but i used to winge all the time about my job and not having money and having a job with not much future (overseas contracts) its only now that i have done something about it after years of being stuck in 1 spot. :(

^^ yep where im working ATM every1 hates the manager hates there job but doesnt do anything to fix there situation.. gets annoying

i was thinking about tafe but the maths part of the test scares me ...

and the silly thing is ive done a entry test to tafe in the IT section and passed but they say the IT electronics side is different so i dont get RPL :rofl:

since when did u need algebra to put together a PC or do soldering :(

yeah i agree some of the stuff you learn through your schooling is pretty pointless but i think some of that stuff is there to see if you can actually understand a concept and then use it in other areas. i think this determines ones ability to learn. <_<

yeah i was gonna do computer electronics and all that but i've heard it is a heaps competitive field and i am slightly color blind too(damn male genes), so that rules out a few other major 1's for me like all electronics, pilot, etc...

even in the defence forces i could only be a cook, narrator, medic..nothing hands on. :(