SAU Community

Rx 7 Spirit R

BLACKR

I was seriously considering getting a Spirit R to go with my S15,but my GTR came along at a great price.The RX7 is one of the best looking and performing cars on the road.Do it.

blackr - never said it wasn't, in fact I said it's either a type b or c. 

what I was saying was that the spirit-r (the type a, to be precise) is simply an RZ rx7 (of which 175 were made in that particular production run), with a few aesthetic add-ons - so it's not so much 'rarity' that's a factor (though 1500 is a relatively small run), but the fact that it's a 'last of the line' version.  Given that an RS (which has most of the RZ goodies) is lineball in terms of performance - it's probably the better buy (unless you are cashed up and don't care).  HOWEVER, there is the question of resale - and who knows if people in the future will care about the spirit-r/rz or not (though in the short term, it would reap benefits).

to the OP - another 2c - for version VI - stick to the higher spec models: the spirit-r, RZ, RS, R and bathurst r* - they are worth the extra cash (and, trust me, have more than the 280ps advertised.  The auto versions and base spec are 265ps).

* bathurst r, for all other versions, is a bargain basement spec - but they changed that for the version VI

Thanks alot for the advise, no i am not cashed up so any tip does miracles, especialy when we are talking 40 + grands

Thanks again

RX7 is a nice car , I test drove spirit r the other day and RZ model ( the one that comes with recaro fixed bucket seats, billstein suspension etc). They are brilliant , the power of twin turbo , handling but bear in mind the maintenance and petrol are higher and more expensive than skylines :rofl:

But you won't see 10 rx7 on road every week :) unlike skylines nowadays

How about not buying the car, and investing the money or doing something sensible with it... 40 grand in a nice hedge fund would be cooler than another toy that goes WHOOSH... especially if you are not made of money. now's not a good time to go into debt to buy a liability.

Just my 2 cents, if you want the car go for it.

Lachie

What is traction like in Series 8's?

Now that my I've sold my r32 shell because of engine rebuild I'm looking for a newer car that is a bit of a change from skylines.

I'm still tossing up between an EVO 7 for 35k or S8 FD RX7

traction - good enough (they all suffer from wheel hop though) - but nothing compared to an evo 7. For basic bolt-ons - you'll get a lot more out of the FD though.

"Nothin beats a hot fd with a big single conversion"

you can easily reach the limits of street tyres with the twins - the fastest I know of is 10.8 400m (non sequential, very low 11 in sequential). And you'll never match the driveability with a single (technology is getting there, but it's not there yet).