SAU Community

i want this redline oil for my 32 GTST..

how much do i need, and how much does it cost..

also, where do i get it??

do a search, there are threads relating to redline oil.

please keep this thread to the reverse engaging problem!

can i just remove the reverse lock out instead of fixing it?

premo if you removed it (well more like disabled it) you could end up:

Driving down the F3 in 5th gear, then reach for 4th to overtake someone, miss the gate and engage reverse by mistake... you can guess what happens next

Good idea to think of it, but not a safe option.

Hey guys,

Thanx for the diagram. Went and bought the spring from my local nissan dealer, a whole $2.20. Replaced hte slave cylinder as it was leaking, clutch feels smoother and a tad lighter. I think hte worn slave contributed to the 'stiffness' of getting into reverse, hence the spring (hope it is) being damaged.

Got under the car and couldnt see hte access plate on hte passenger side of the box below the shifter.?? is it in an obvious position? looked behind hte pipes, didnt noticed anything.

Think im just going to find a shop familiar with r154 box and get them to replace the spring for a small cost in labour. Have taken out a few boxes in my time but this one looks to big and heavy lol, specially without access to a hoist.

thnx

mike

premo if you removed it (well more like disabled it) you could end up:

Driving down the F3 in 5th gear, then reach for 4th to overtake someone, miss the gate and engage reverse by mistake... you can guess what happens next

Good idea to think of it, but not a safe option.

Its a drift track car. So I take it I could just remove it ???

luckily I only needed a push twice out at the track.

Edited by =premo=

• 5 months later...

bump!

sounds like i have the same not going into reverse issue. damn GTR's cost too much. well thanks for the info guys. i love the search function. will have this sorted in a few days hopefully and post up what happens.

• 5 years later...

Thanks all , this thread solved my issues in selecting reverse on the old red girl

It was defiantly the the look out mechanism saving me around $800 and worth a look first

Before blowing anyones Cash.