SAU Community

Need To Borrow A Stock Air Box For Road Worthy

jasont82

hey guys just bought a r33 series 2, it came with a pod filter when it was imported ive done a search and ppl are saying that if you sheild ur pod its road worthy, i just rang a place and have found out that pods are illegal sheilded or not. does any one have a stock air box i can borrow for a day? im in the se suburbs

thanks

its the EPA that handles this sort of stuff.. if you rang them they'd probably tell you and could maybe send you something in writing.

someone got a letter from them stating this and the other similar laws, they scanned it and posted it up somewhere on the forum....maybe try a search and see if you can find it

interesting point there that no one seems to mention....intercooler change is aloud as long as there is no other mods to the engine, fuel system or EXHAUST SYSTEM!

so an exhaust and fmic is illegal!

I just got back from EPA, i think the correct one is that we can only have one modification on air-intake (i.e. fmic or pod filter or bov) and the exhaust modification is ok as long as it's not over 90db and don't emit more than legal limit of pollutants.

Joe