SAU Community

I currently am running a L24e engine i am considering a rb30e engine but am Looking for something that will willenly REV high which one of these engines Is easyer to make this Possible and if the L24e is the answer any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If there are any other simple Not to Heavy Atmo engine combo's To fit to the R30 skyline im very interested.

p.s. whats with the Manifold and Plenum being on the same side with the L24 its f**kn ugly!

As they say in the classics - Cubic Inches Count.

The RB30E would certainly give more torque, but probably doesn't rev really well, being a SOHC engine.

They can be transformed with a RB25 head, but it's a lot of stuffing around.

My personal choice would be a RB25DE. The DOHC lets it breath well, and will probably rev to 8k.

ide fit a rb20det ot rb20det nics motor its rev happy but down on power so it will still be a nice ride

i have a mate who took out a l26 outta 240 z car to fit my old rb25de vct and its goes a treat but they breath fark all with out zorst mods etc and dont see much above 110 rwkw with out some major cash spendage

the same mate with the z car hes brother baught the r30 hatch i had that i fitted a rb20det red top nics moror from a hr31

but that car isnt going but the motor fits like a glove

Edited by frogstomp_R31