SAU Community

Took The Stag To Drags Last Night

AlexCim

Well, my auto ECU should be available for testing IF I CAN FIND A BLOODY GEARBOX! :)

Ill donate my stock ECU to testing when i convert, as i have a stock R33 ECU here anyway that ill use as i am changing the harness plug :)

Just need to find someone thats willing to spend some time looking into it, i've found no one is really interested at the moment because theres little demand.

One thing i have confirmed is it's definately different to the R33 ECU, and i have been told it could be possible to make the bikirom megaboard work with it.

Just need to find someone thats willing to spend some time looking into it, i've found no one is really interested at the moment because theres little demand.

One thing i have confirmed is it's definately different to the R33 ECU, and i have been told it could be possible to make the bikirom megaboard work with it.

've been working with Dr Drift on some of this stuff, though not for the series 1 - I'll be putting the grid board in my S2 sometime fairly soon...

If alex is ripping his out that will give us something to look at for the series 1! Alex, make sure you keep it!!! The S1 ecu has to be like something else!

Alex, the main benefit of a remap is that you keep everything the same (ie factory standard) and just change the bits you need to. Thus things like the consult port, and more importantly all the diagnostics! still work, yet you can change all the engine settings... And you can take it straight back to factory default anytime you want (my new rom downloading program is getting ROMs out of cars better than anything else has by a long way :-)

Ian

I was very keen on the remapping idea, then i found out the series 1 ECU is not the same as the series 2, and i was quite dissapointed.

I would prefer this method over an aftermarket ECU for the reasons Ian's just given.

Hmm, i guess if i had a good tuner around here for that i might think about it, but i have a good PFC tuner so i guess it all depends.

Also, i have a stock manual R33 GTST ecu to revert if i need to diagnose.

Let you all know how it goes.

We should start a 1/4 mile thread, but i dont think anyone/only few others have been down the 1/4..?

Well if you have not started one by the time my beast goes down the quarter I'll post it up and request it to be stickied. :P

Might give other people a push to take thiers out :P

Thats true, on Feb 4 at AIR there is an event for $50, should take the Stag and see what she can reel off. Then get the gearbox actuator valve job done at MV Autos (eventually) and go back to compare differences.

Ive never done a 1/4mile time before, but would like to compare differences with snow mode, power and normal. All depending on how warm she gets though........

Hi All,

If you want to catch some awesome GTR and Stagea Drag action from Japan, follow this link. Trust me, these things hammer! Love the Silver Stagea fishtailing at the 60 mark! B)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...417181313&q=gtr

If the link doesn't work, go to Google Video, search for GTR, then look for

Ryugasaki Drag Racing-Nissan Skyline GTR 1/4 mile Battle

Yeah that silver one fark me, no wonder he didnt launch it :) HOW COOL was the black landcruiser!! :)

Great vid, anyone got a link to download it properly?

Hmm, i guess if i had a good tuner around here for that i might think about it, but i have a good PFC tuner so i guess it all depends.

Let you all know how it goes.

Dr Drift can do it (daughter board tune) - and he has a new dyno going in in a few weeks time as well.. :-)

Ian

I was very keen on the remapping idea, then i found out the series 1 ECU is not the same as the series 2, and i was quite dissapointed.

I would prefer this method over an aftermarket ECU for the reasons Ian's just given.

So do you know what it is? Post a photo up of the board, and someone might recognise it.. :)