SAU Community

Engine Torque Dampeners

GtstCoupe

:D i have been reading about thease and am wondering if any1 is using them or think they are arny good or is it one of those thing you dont need unless you have like 500bhp. just seamed like a good product ,so i thought i would ask for some opinons as you carnt always trust maketing alone.

thankys in advance

Mate HAD to get one for his 180sx while in melb getting it tuned cos when it was on the dyno it was moving round too much, worked pretty, car was making 223rwkw so yeh id say it would help, im getting one cos the clearance between starter motor and steering shaft is minimal

These are those shock absorber looking things that connect from the drivers side strut tower to the engine. Just Jap sell em for about $70, but i also saw one at Advan yesterday for $399!

RB engines I don't think flex nearly as much, and probably has something to do with the greater strength of the engine mounts and chasis in the skylines..

Haven't seen any aftermarket ones for RB's.. only CA/SR's..

I just recieved some nismo engine and gearbox mounts for my R32 from Greenline today. $261 delivered.

Just Jap sell two engine mounts only (without gearbox mount) for $240.