SAU Community

New Guy

boosted22

put some pics for yas to check out, not to sure what to make off it, theres no way a late 96 model turbo came out with 4 studd, but it is defiently a 96 model, has two airbags, did non turbos come with two air bags, was it a option for them maybe, ohh well got the thing now, like i said i love it, and im preety happy with it apart from not nowing thats all. any check it out let me know what u think.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats tripped out fella, Red n white badges, dual air bags.........but 4 stud WTF. I'd be checking the diamiter of the front and rear rotors to check for size, If all good there then i guess it's just a headF#$@ to get decent wheels later on! BUT if smaller, I'd be swapping over to at least original 33 rotors, OR posibly an upgrade(for future)

I think you will find that those wheels are an instant defect that can only be rectified by putting 5 stud hub in (The factory did this for a reason)

Get the details checked out (use the VIN) and then see the car yard you purchased it from as they are required to sell the car in a roadworthy condition. (even if they were not aware of the problem)

from the angle that the interior pic is taken, it doesnt look like you have the factory boost gauge. something smells fishy to me. other then that, very clean ride you got there. thumbs up!

guy, why is it that his wheels are regarded as a defect?

Edited by Nozila

I think you will find that those wheels are an instant defect that can only be rectified by putting 5 stud hub in (The factory did this for a reason)

Get the details checked out (use the VIN) and then see the car yard you purchased it from as they are required to sell the car in a roadworthy condition. (even if they were not aware of the problem)

i put the wheels on my self, went straight from the car yard two the wheel shop, the car yard had the car inspected by regency before it was sold, they never said anything, or done anything about it been 4 studd turbo.

Thats tripped out fella, Red n white badges, dual air bags.........but 4 stud WTF. I'd be checking the diamiter of the front and rear rotors to check for size, If all good there then i guess it's just a headF#$@ to get decent wheels later on! BUT if smaller, I'd be swapping over to at least original 33 rotors, OR posibly an upgrade(for future)

hey dude welocome to sau!

nice looking ride! :)

those brake callipers and rotors you have there are definite non-turbo.

damn you guys with 33's have boot lid struts! luxury that 32 didnt get! :D

guy, why is it that his wheels are regarded as a defect?

Nissan decided to go for 5 stud and larger brakes with the more powerful turbo engine (which makes sense), without an engineer to prove those wheels (4 stud) and smaller brakes are equal to, or exceed Nissan specifications they consider it a defect. They are not prepared to approve it themselves (because that would require them to take responsibility if something went wrong) and from the common sense point of view why would you want smaller brakes on a more powerful car. Check the forums but I doubt anyone o here is advocating a change to non-turbo brakes to reduce weight (yet they sometimes go to extreme measures and expense to save 1 or 2 Kg - think carbon fibre Vs Fibreglass bonnets)

Have a chat with regency (but dont give them any personal details) to confirm this, then take it back to the dealer and insist they rectify it for you. (thats what warranty is for. - You may even be able to get them to install a boost guage (aftermarket would be cheaper) so that you can ensure the engine isnt overboosting and reduce the risk of an engine replacement under warrantee.

PS - Nice looking car and welcome to SAU

I'm not trying to have a go at you or your car, but if a dealers warrantee will fix it for you (free of charge) why not use it. If nothing else its an upgrade you wont have to do later.

PS - why would the yard have the car inspected by Regency, if it was complied locally surly the workshop covers that, and if it was complied interstate all they require is a VIN check.

hey dude welocome to sau!

nice looking ride! :)

those brake callipers and rotors you have there are definite non-turbo.

damn you guys with 33's have boot lid struts! luxury that 32 didnt get! :P

Funny you wrote this, seeming that i found out from an insurance company that my rear rotors were lancer ones 'apparently' rather than the actual 32 gts-t ones! So i would definetely get that checked. My dad test drove the car and realised the heavy duty clutch was gone, so that got done. Get it done quick if the car is under warranty. But the rear rotors i would question, as mine from the same place were way too small.

Warranty is a great thing :)

PS - Nice looking car and welcome to SAU

I'm not trying to have a go at you or your car, but if a dealers warrantee will fix it for you (free of charge) why not use it. If nothing else its an upgrade you wont have to do later.

PS - why would the yard have the car inspected by Regency, if it was complied locally surly the workshop covers that, and if it was complied interstate all they require is a VIN check.

nah your spot on, gonna ring them today, yer the dude told me they get there cars checked over by regency, and a 100 point check from there mechanic just to make sure there 100%, full of crap, like you said the they put bigger brakes on the turbos for a reason. so will defeintly inquire about it. im preety pissed as it is if i have just paid this much for a mock up turbo not a genuine.

Does the GT badge have a blue backgroud or a red background?

How to tell a Turbo from Non turbo from the outside..... on the R33 this is,

Turbo

- 5 Stud

- GT Badge has a red background

- Sticker on rear reads GTS25T

Non-Turbo

- 4 Stud

- GT Badge has a blue backgroud

- Sticker on rear reads GTS25

hey guys speaking of badges is that the case for 32's aswell because mines got metal GT badges on guards and are all silver, no colours at all! <_<

Can anyone with a 32 confirm this? :w00t:

f$@& im pissed just spoke to regency, no help at all, theres nothing on there computers about the car ever been put in for a engine transplant, engine matches up all ok with the body as standard never mod, i rang two importers both said they have never ever seen a gts-t wth 4 studd, said it must be a non turbo converted, and said yer probley wouldnt be legal, i rang the caryard, and they said its defeintly a genuine gts-t they think some one has swaped brakes over. there happy to upgrade the brakes, but i said what about the rims just put 1800 of rims and tyres, there gonna ring the tyre place and see if they can do a deal there.

just dont know what to think, theres no trace from regency about it been modified or anything, has all the features off a gts-t badges, standad twin airbags, unless the brakes have been swaped before traded in. i have only had it for 5 days now and im really happy with the car ( shit if it had a nice wet hole i wouldnt even need to go in side the house) haha , so if there gonna uprade the brakes and fix the rims up, might just leave it at that, and stop thinking about it.

Edited by boosted22

Yeh sweet, they had to fix it up for you, and it's good they are willing to do it and sort something out with your wheels, Like you said just put it in te back of your head mate. But like Duc said NO stock boost gauge.....Interesting!

nah it had a speco boost gauge with turbo smart manual boost adjuster, which i removed for me eboost guage.

Does it have a boost gauge in the dash? You still haven't answered that.

One posibility is for some bizzaro reason, they changes the hubs and brakes to the non turbo ones. Maybe the car was in a accident in the past and the owner only had the money to do a dodgy job and did that.

You should post up your vin number so someone on here can FAST it for you.

And welcome aboard. The car does look good.