SAU Community

How To Afford Your Skyline?

Where do you work?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Searched for a thread like this a few times and found nothing so thought " why not?"

I for now work at Target as a casual, I make shit money because I'm 17 and am hopefully getting a second job as a cold room worker for Mrs Crockett's in the next few weeks to make extra cash for savings.

I plan on applying for a job as detector dog handler (or anything else I can get) at Customs. I figure this job will be stable, fun, good pay, full time and very interesting).

All this in the end to achieve the dream, GTR Ownership.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bought and kept property over the last fourteen years. started as a young lad when my mates were still paying rent and drinking it all away. now my same mates mostly are still paying rent or struggling one morgage, and i am sorted and free to party some.

after getting my taste of a GTsT, i am very keen now to off load a few VWs for the GTR... only to convince the lady. :D

I stowed away money for years, including money from jobs, christmas, birthday etc. Alot of my friends complain I don't splash out and go clubbing/drinking that much, but to be honest I'm not into the whole scene. My passion is cars and thats where all my finaces go.

i take customers cars to vicroads to register them on their behalf, also get engineers reports for the 15 y/old cars and pretty much sell a car here and there but been working since i was like 13 now 20 and ive had a 180sx r32 skyline and currently doin another 180sx as a show car!

Bought my R33 GTS-t when I was working for an ISP doing Phone Support. Had that for 2.5yrs then switched to being a Courier Driver (sole trader) and sold my GTS-t for an R32 GTR.

About the only thing I own is the clothes on my back :)

Finance Officer @ 20, so office job for me...

If I could wind back time, I would've...

..got my previous boss to ban www.skylinesaustralia.com to prevent me from ever getting in this very expensive game :)

Q.A manager in Mining Electronics n Comms industry.... bitta office, bitta onsite, bitta system testing... everyday is different, pay is good

can't complain.

my advice, do something you have half an interest, background knowledge in... and work hard at it you will get far...

i started fixing phones... only 1.5yrs ago.. no manage my own department in the same company

Edited by Suspense

Printing (Prepress), so in the Graphic Arts field....I ticked the Industry option but I'm not a factory worker..

I plan on applying for a job as detector dog handler (or anything else I can get) at Customs.  I figure this job will be stable, fun, good pay, full time and very interesting).

good luck with that, I reckon it would be very interesting.. do you know what you have to do to get into it? Do you have an interest in dog obedience/handling already?