SAU Community

Cams For A Rb20

nytrda

Roy do you run solid lifters in your RB20?

Read my previous reply to this thread and see what you think with what I'm up to on mine.

Cheers

Turbine

Me ...Solid Lifters? :lol:

Last time i took a rocker cover off an engine i killed it..so i leave mine as Mr Nissan sees fit these days :D

I have only ever had an RB20 head apart, so dont know how it all compares to RB26 gear. I know in the RB25 you need to chavge valves etc because the valve stems are different lengths. Probablt the same deal with the RB20.

If you are wanting to do a solid conversion, talk to the Yanks. Many of them use the Jap kits form Tomei etc for the VG30DETT, but there also a few places that make their own solid lifters for the VG30DETT which is the same as RB20DET.

grandmasterb..i have read from time to time that you have a TD06, if you threw come cams in would be interesting to see what difference they make with the TD06

Me ...Solid Lifters? :lol:

Last time i took a rocker cover off an engine i killed it..so i leave mine as Mr Nissan sees fit these days :D

I have only ever had an RB20 head apart, so dont know how it all compares to RB26 gear. I know in the RB25 you need to chavge valves etc because the valve stems are different lengths. Probablt the same deal with the RB20.

Sounds like thats the thing to do. Change valve lengths.

Cheers Roy

Glenn.