SAU Community

Abs, G Force Sensor Etc What Affects What

Can any one tell me for sure how the G Force sensor affects things?

I have an R33 GTR VSpec. When we left the G Force sensor out the ABS and 4WD light came on and neither the ABS or 4WD functioned anymore.

( I had been told it only affected the SRS airbags)

The G Force sensor indicator glass is red, supposedly this means it's suffered a major shock. Does this mean it's stuffed? When I plug it in the ABS and 4WD still work OK.

Where is the best place to egt one form if I need onw?

Please no guesses, only tell me if you know for sure, Thanks.

well what I know for sure:

G sensor in the console is not related to airbags in any way...they might have their own inside the airbag unit

When ATTESA sees a fault ABS stops as well. Not sure why but it does.

What makes you think the g sensor isn't working. Do you get front torque when everything is plugged in? Is the ATTESA light on?

well what I know for sure:

G sensor in the console is not related to airbags in any way...they might have their own inside the airbag unit

When ATTESA sees a fault ABS stops as well.  Not sure why but it does.

What makes you think the g sensor isn't working.  Do you get front torque when everything is plugged in? Is the ATTESA light on?

The airbag sensors for driver and passenger airbags are inside the engine ecu or for newer cars the airbags can have their own unit. Im not sure what exactly the g sensor your talking about is but id say be very careful with it, if its an accelerometer they will break fairly easily from a small fall onto a hard surface or being hit with a tool whilst removed from the vehicle.