SAU Community

Drag Strip In Canberra!

Zathris

Rant <ON>

What s**t's me to tears is the fact that they (Act gov.) spent 3 mill each year for the V8 "super" cars, blocking off streets, special injunctions for the noise and etc and have done little to with the drag strip. Well, except make some noise around election time to get some votes.

You know what s**t’s me even more if they want it they'll push it through. I.e. the evangelist church with 300 parking spaces going up near the Tugg. BMX track... Did you see it in the paper? Did you see any community consultation signes up?

Just like the jail “it is going here and there is nothing you can do about it”!!

Bureaucratic Bulls**t.

They could make this happen quicker but they won’t unless it serves them some purpose.

Rant <OFF>

Edited by NAman

Rant  <ON>

Just like the jail “it is going here and there is nothing you can do about it”!!

Bureaucratic Bulls**t.

They could make this happen quicker but they won’t unless it serves them some purpose.

Rant  <OFF>

ah you must be a jerra person :) if it was close to my home i would be pissed but as its only close to new south welshmen i couldnt care ;) move to canberra if it's so annoying...

ps if you are from canberra why are you complaining :)

Leigh, he's not whining about the fact it's going there, he's angry at the fact that there was no real consultation with the community as to it's location.

Thankyou!

I'm in south act,

The "Jail" is one of many examples of ACT Government [both sides + independents +greens +democrats] and the ACT PLANNING Authority lack of consultation and pushing though what they want!!!

But it is probably with all Local/State gov's

My main point is that the ACT GOV spent 10 mill on the V8's over 3-4 years with road closures and ignoring noise complaints. They could spend that on a drag way which would probably last 10 years.

Yes I admit the Drag way will be running longer than just a week and there are no road closures but yet more Bureaucratic Bulls**t to jump though…

I have said my bit-

I’m going to go have a lie down

Edited by NAman

they should also be putting a track as well just near the dragway, bring the konicka and v8 touring cars here permantly, no need for road closures and lots of $$ for all, from people coming to watch

No they can't Shaun, because that would be the smart thing to do

And they won't get anything out for it them selves

Actually look at the web site posted on the first page- there was a submission to the ACT Gov and the ACT gov committee did their own economic/social study and found it was un-economical, high risk to them and would do nothing to stop illegal street racing!

On an interesting point the ACT police support a Drag way!!

This submission to the ACT Gov by the gov chaired board (in 2004) about the drag way was [in my opion] :

Not written in an argumentative way i.e.: weighting up the pros and cons- it was just the statement of con’s- it was one sided.

Facts and studies for the social and economic perspectives were used- they were always the worse case and were negative- little to none were positive.

It is obvious that the person/s who wrote this was far from pro drag way and really only presented one side of the argument-they may have done this due to political pressure.

Those drag way people have a big uphill fight on their hands !

NOTE the online partition is not recognised by the ACT Government as an official partition. It needs to have you date, name address, signature.- this is not online

Good luck- and hopefully we’ll see something physically to Signe

TR