SAU Community

Warning: Car Theif targeting cars at Macquarie Centre

R33

guys this comes up all the time.. ive been parking my car there ever since i got it..

watching movies.. and being a tight ass cause uni charges $6 bux a day for parking.. i leave it there like 3 times a week at night and nothing has ever happenend..

though i never park it near the smurf villager's hangout..

Guest Diabolik1

far out...

so the cop actually gave you the address of the little kid?

sharing is caring :rolleyes: HINT HINT :D

kidding, as George said, dont post is on here, but PM us, hehe

Goz

Originally posted by Silver-Arrowz

Livo westfields is also a 'no go' zone people. Stay away!

Do not park here on any bottom levels or area that is out of sight from the cinema entrance. If you must, park in disabled or something.

Should leave a bunch of skylines there and wait around the corner... Hate all this shit and feel real sorry for people that have been targeted and lost their cars or have had bits ripped off. Last night i was installing my EL dials and some random guy (looked and sounded very dodgy) came near my place and parked opposite my car checking it out then after a bit he came over and started asking me about my alarm and stuff. I was soo paranoid last night that i slept all night in the car with a knife in my garage. The worst thing is that all the garages around mine have been broken into numerous times in the last months. I would not care as much if i were insured but that will never happen so i cant help but be paranoid.:eek:

Guest Diabolik1

Liverpool is definately a NO GO zone, my brother's car got broken into twice there, which is wierd cos it was a crappy celica that had nothing really in it, just some loose change...so everytime i go there, i take my dad's applause and HOPE they steal it, but they never do

guys, what about Wetherill Park cinemas? i always go there, and once i even parked FAR FAR from the movies, and the car is always OK....but then again a lot of ppl told me that the sec. guards are in on it at Wetherill Park...if they are, i have been very lucky.

Goz

I think communicating this is all the forumers is a good thing, if nothing else it will make us think twice about parking at Macquarie reducing the chance that these people can have a go at our vehicles.

Didnt RAC-33R get taken from Macquarie shops?

Originally posted by croat

Should leave a bunch of skylines there and wait around the corner... Hate all this shit and feel real sorry for people that have been targeted and lost their cars or have had bits ripped off. Last night i was installing my EL dials and some random guy (looked and sounded very dodgy) came near my place and parked opposite my car checking it out then after a bit he came over and started asking me about my alarm and stuff. I was soo paranoid last night that i slept all night in the car with a knife in my garage. The worst thing is that all the garages around mine have been broken into numerous times in the last months. I would not care as much if i were insured but that will never happen so i cant help but be paranoid.:eek:

You need a rottweiler or german shepard or something that hasn't been fed for a few days :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ed

I've had no problems myself with Castle Towers, although a mates Mirage did get broken into once.

i have never had a prob with the towers, but i have heard some stories

i guess it comes down to chance, might be lucky or u may be walking home

also dont park at UNSW

hehehe

yeah RAC33R got taken from Macq Centre on Thursday shopping night while watching a movie...

it was found in some underground car park under apartment blocks?? could well be the same townhouse blocks where that lil f*cker lives... wouldn't mind paying him a visit..

call all ur bros and cuzins... :rolleyes:

that sounds dodgy dude.. which area are you in btw?

I don't like leaving my car outside.. even in the day, id park it inside so passers by dont know i live there

Originally posted by croat

I have Sat tracking and I still crap myself parking the car.

Last night my g/f's mirage was broken into out the front of my place while we were inside!

They ripped off her stereo and pulled out the stereo surround. Picked up a surround for $80.00 today, I'll prolly give her my stereo and I'll get a new one. The fact that someone was in her car angered me more than the theft!

I would not think twice about actually punching this 15 year old kid in the face as hard as I f**king could, again and again and again.

Brutal I know for a man in his mid twenties but enough is enough and I'm a self confessed pacifist so that's saying something.

If anyone offers stolen goods to you, don't buy them and if you do, your as good as the uneducated houso who stole them. We need to do all we can to reduce demand!

Peace, love and mung beans anyway, I'm off to find a valium!

Rhys.

I worked 2 casual jobs in Liverpool for 5 years. 3 of those years was when i worked at the cinemas on the top level. we had sooo many customers who would walk out at the end of a late night session, and run back in to the foyer and tell us their car had been stolen. four guys came back in once. they were really cool about it, even thought their car had just been set on fire! i went outside with em, and someone had broken through their sunroof, poured in a propellent, and set fire. it burnt out the whole car.

and some people think it's a big myth, but the security guards at westfields were involved in theft of vehicles. i used to work til 12:15am on sunday-thursday nights, and 1:15am on friday-saturday night. thing is, the carpark lights used to go off like 40 minutes before our patrons were all out of the complex. i always hassled security to turn them back on, but they said "it's automatic, the computer turns them off at a certain time". bullshit artists! anyway, i found out that the NRMA in conjunction with the police was investigating the security guards, and funnily enough, that firm soon lost their contract at liverpool. the newer security vguards after that were a good bunch, and car theft went down in numbers severely.

nonetheless, ive seen some dodgy people in that carpark. so, best thing is if you're going to the movies, park outside the entry (if you can) where greater union staff can see the cars from the box office. i never saw 1 car get broken into when they were parked in those few spots.

anyway, have fun, cheers, MARK