SAU Community

Official Sauwa Cruise. Saturday 28th Of January

dan_the_man

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left after the second meet stop.

Was no fun after cops rocked up and took a map and were a long the roads pulling people over. All though the guy that got pulled over didnt get a sticker or any fines.

was there more sign of cops after that?

btw driver I want your engine in my 34.

Edited by noise

Man, nearly 2am. Time to make some z's

At least the cops didn't start inspecting cars at the second point or call a blockade somewhere along the way.

It seemed everytime I was driving up to a green light that suddenly went orange, it was a friggin Red Light Camera intersection......I hope I didn't get done ($150 and 3 points for that...)

good cruise :)

thanks to liz and dan for doing all the hard work :)

too bad about the cops :( i think they like dan :angry:

Cheers Michael :)

P.s sorry to driver for putting my highbeams on HID where playing up and just went out :S (if anyone saw a r33 with 1 headlight on or 1 jumping on or off thats me hehehe)

Give me your liver and ill think about it :(

Thats okay michael - i saw you fiddling with ure headlights before we took off - for a while i thought you were just playing stealth mode when you turned all your lights off for about 30 sec :D

I was behind him, when his lights went our around the corner. i was thinking what's this crazy f**ker doing?

Thanks Dan & Liz!

Good cruise, wasn't that bad with the cops, they didn't cause any problems, appart from Dan :D Was worried too when they took the map, but all went well!

Good to meet some more of the ppl off the forums. Some nice bluddy cars! Good to meet you James and your gf.

Dave.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Pretty simple question. I was about to put the transmission back in and thought I pretty much had it lined up when I noticed it seems like the pressure plate isn't flat. I was pretty careful when undoing the bolts both during initial disassembly for cleaning and when torquing them up for installation so this is pretty discouraging. I'm not sure if I accidentally bumped the pressure plate with the input shaft and bent it somehow or if it just showed up this way. Is it possible that there's just something obvious I'm not doing correctly? I'm pretty sure I was extremely careful to make sure the friction discs were seated correctly in the hub, everything lined up, flywheel torqued according to sequence, the little springs all sitting correctly in their seats, etc.  What's the play here? Do I jump straight to a new pressure plate?
    • OK. I can see that being the case. But if you live in the land of "only switching between 4.08, 4.11, 4.36" like most Skyliners, then you never encounter it. Now I perhaps understand why the crownwheel is thicker on some of the smaller numerical ratio diffs. The two stubs being the same (unequal) lengths and just swapped side to side between the different cases is a new one to me. I'm hating Nissan R200s more than ever now.
    • Reason I say this is I have seen broken ones, in drift, drag and even behind a stock Z. I do appreciate most of the time its the synchro's that go.   Trouble with quoting HP is it doesn't really say how strong the box is.  I've not seen many CD00X box's make it past a mid 9(150mph) I have seen about a stock R33 RB25 box's run a 9 too, they all go boom at some point though.   Another clue is they make gearsets for CD00X box's too, wouldn't be a market if they didn't break or have a limit people are going past.   I totally agree it is a strong box, just have to weigh up the true total cost of the conversion vs rebuilding with a good gearset. 
    • What makes you say CD009 boxes are not as strong as you would think? I've always been told the last revision (CD00A) is good for 1000whp and I have no issue's believing it when comparing one side by side with an RB25 box. Makes them look tiny. 
    • I picked up an open Center with shafts. I was told the Open shafts will fit a mechanical LSD and looking at them. I think they will work. Will update