SAU Community

Autosalon Circuit Battle

nfi

Hey Russ,

Have you had any confirmation that you are in? I only just sent my entry off during the week via snail mail so I haven't heard anything. Fingers crossed we both get the invite and we can have another battle and wave the SAU flag!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Russ,

Have you had any confirmation that you are in? I only just sent my entry off during the week via snail mail so I haven't heard anything. Fingers crossed we both get the invite and we can have another battle and wave the SAU flag!

nah havent heard anything yet. snail mail also about a week ago.

should be great, i really enjoyed wakefield last year. except when i went off!! ;)

i have heard martin nortarias ( i dont think i spelt that right) will be there but not in an evo.

i am going to wakefield in a fortnight for a bit of a test (11th).

cheers russ

It's a long standing joke between a few of us regular Vic drivers (Me, Scotsman and a few others) and some of the NSW boys (like Duncan) that the NSW GTR drivers can't drive because it seems the fastest lap time are all (or were) set by GTST drivers as far as these forums are concerned.

There are some amuzing threads hidden away on these forums about which is faster on the track between a GTR and a GTST. This is what I was going on about.

...lol, and to date we havent managed to do a State of Origin clash :) Could this be it, i mean if we head up for a practice day... :)

Can someone email me a scanned entry form? tbrisby at yahoo.com.

Ill see if they let me enter before worrying about what lap times i do. Ill be stoked if i could do a sub 1:10, which means 1:09.99 or better :) That has always been my goal...but probably not quick enough...do they ask you to nominate a lap time or anything.

...and from now on i promise not to let boredom dictate the jibberish that i post on SAU :D

Guest Mashrock

when is cams going to get a hold on drifting and f**k you all in the ass with it?

on another note. f**k it sounds like shit. i was told about it before i knew all about it..

you'd hardly get a lap in. and wakefield. ever far away.. i doubt people would go..

i think i shall just stick to all the supersprints i have in order for this year

Picked up the magazine again and had a look at the application form. They are actually being picky with who goes in the competition. They are giving more competitive cars preference. You have to fill in what modifications your car has to the engine, suspension, wheels and tyres and body.

Which is bollocks, since a faster driver is a lot more important than a "fast" car. But then again, ASM has always been about the eye candy rather than about the driving. They'd rather have a flashy looking car with a novice behind the wheel than some guy in a beat up old car who knows how to use it.

I remember their Street Car of the Year edition...while most of their field did great as dyno queens and at the drags (and on the looks, natch), about half the field didn't even make it past the practice session at Wakefield and get to run the proper timed laps.

Which is bollocks, since a faster driver is a lot more important than a "fast" car. But then again, ASM has always been about the eye candy rather than about the driving. They'd rather have a flashy looking car with a novice behind the wheel than some guy in a beat up old car who knows how to use it.

I remember their Street Car of the Year edition...while most of their field did great as dyno queens and at the drags (and on the looks, natch), about half the field didn't even make it past the practice session at Wakefield and get to run the proper timed laps.

I know what you mean... buuuutttttt I probably should have added that they want to know what times you have done at the tracks you have been too.... Its at the bottom of the application form. My bad.... :P

Roy: I am trying to scan it but the stupid thing won't work... It lights up scans and then the program locks up..... stupid pile of sh*t....

Andrew mate, that's a bit harsh. I'm not sure i completey understand what you mean though? BUT i cant wait to see you in your GTR on the track, bring on the NSW sprint i say. I know i will be there, possibly not in the GTR though :P

Troy, just enter you limp bastard. we all know how crap a driver you are so there is no expectation of doing well. I will even come down wearing a T-shirt that reads: "Troy Brisby has a huge WANG...so he claims" and cheer you on.

Troy, just enter you limp bastard. we all know how crap a driver you are so there is no expectation of doing well. I will even come down wearing a T-shirt that reads: "Troy Brisby has a huge WANG...so he claims" and cheer you on.

ROFL...you have caught me out...if my times suck my fall back is "its only a GTST, what do you expect" , but if they are half respectable then i take all the cudos:)

Get me an entry form and i will enter...we will see how i go. I dont take anything serious so what do i care, i can see the good in any situation, even if it means i was the quickest resprayed silver 92 model car with a blonde tool driving...im sure to win that class :)

..and the shirt should read, "real men drink 12 cans before a sprint session..." ;)

i have heard martin nortarias ( i dont  think i spelt that right) will be there but not in an evo.

Damn - we'll if you and Notaris enter this that's already a pretty decent line up. Although if he brings the EVO we'd have a chance of beating him in a competition for once although I have herad he has done hundreds of laps around that track. Be interesting to see if any of the big porka's are there too.

Infact it's going to be very interesting to see WHO gets the invites to this as as mentioned Autosalon have always been about looks more than anything else and it seems they may have a fair few entries.

If they make an auto category I'm a chance. :D:D

A number of good points made here. Snowy - you have the R34 GTR and you can drive it so you are in for sure. Roy - R32 GTST smells bad - no chance. Just perpetuating the stereotypes. :(

If one M. Notaris Esq. is driving,my money is on him:F**KING fast,with a million consistantly fast laps 'round Wakefield. What's the chances The Creek may get a run? That'd suit the BIG Kw cars(and the watermelon-sized privates)of the faster cars...?How about P.Island,too?It'd be good to see ASM put their money where their publishing deadline is...

Well i just had a look at their website and their isnt any info on the event.  Can someone help me out with a date of the event, and when entries have to be in by?

I am 99% sure it was the 31st of january. Maybe ring them to see if you can get an application form.

That video of the gtr, the car was fast but the driver was pretty ordinary. He was backing off halfway down the straight and was getting compression lock all the time from not enough heel-and-toe. Still would have been heaps of fun though, that thing flies..... :)