SAU Community

Fan Ridiculously Loud Whilst Revving /driving

turbohectics

Aye boyz ,I m guessing I need a new fan ,car is a 32 gtst .

Cruising around then I could hear the engine it was louder then normal,Its nothing to do with driveline as it makes the noise whilst parked .

It sounds like the fan and it s blowing pretty hard ,as you rev car sounds like a nissan patrol ,Pretty sure not the motor itself (hope not)

Any one heard of this happening, fan goes into hypo mode ?any more then 3000rpm sounds like gonna fly threw the bonnett.

feedback appreciated will post up how I fixed this problem

thanx guys

turbo

I just recently developed the exact same problem with my R32. Pitchd mentioned about getting a newclutch fan from FBI. Where is this place? Is it located in Victoria or are there any places that supply these in Victoria. What's the estimated price for a clutchfan.

i too have this problem. i got a new fan in today and when it started to get hot i began to have this problem again, and its been going on through the night. so i dont think its the fan coz it was just replaced. could it be because the cooling system isnt sufficient enough for our Australia weather? if it is what could be done to reduce it? any answers or ideas to the issue would be appreciated ASAP.

thanks heaps... Stephen

the clutch fan cuts out at 3000 Rpm.

I bought a new clutch assembly for mine. It was a craig davies replacement. On the box it had a whole heap of other model skylines it could be used for as well as the VL turbo RB30et. (rb30e has a different length and thickness shaft on the clutch)

From memory i bluffed the guy and got trade price @ $120

Edited by Bl4cK32

The fan is operated by a small coil that uses temperature to engage itself.

On a hot day the fan would be on most of the time (below 3000rpm)

As a side note, the fan runs off the waterpump. Have you guys replaced the waterpump at anypoint? A shagged bearing in the waterpump will make the fan harder to spin, and can kill your car if it seizes...

turbohectics, have u fixed the problem yet? as i am curious to see how you fixed it because i got my fan replaced and the noise is still there. i am going to take it to the workshop on monday to hopefully get it finally fixed.

what other problems could cause this apart from the actual fan and waterpump? would like to know asap as i want to get it fixed once and for all.

Thanks

Mine is fixed ,just got fan from wrecker ,

I can still hear it a lil bit but no where near as loud as before ,

I got better probs now i clened the cold start valve thing because car never starts whilst cold unless give it some throttle. and now my car idles at 1800rpm wha ,guessing car was fiddled with to compensate for a dirty cold start valve ,hope I can fix it my self gonna give it a go in the morning .Throttle stopper screw and tps I'm hoping will solve high idle

PS I hate skylines (my excel went for years no probs)lol

Edited by turbohectics