Sau Nsw Dyno Day

Abo Bob

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya all,

Congrats to all the winners.

Thanks to Adam and UAS for the great day.

I was there early so left early but it was great to put a forum name to a face.

Was also happy for my first dyno readout of 175KW, all stock bar cat back exh, pod, FMIC. Hit between 8 to 9 PSI. :no:

cheers all

Seems to me that the air-temp sensore may have been on the way out earlier in the day. Not taking anything away from anyone in particular but does anyone think that a stock 25 can make 175kW on 9psi and stock ECU? Or that a stock RB20 can make 185kW on 10psi with a stock ECU?

Confusing but don't know that it would've affected results or not...

Adrian

The results were all over the place.

I made 274rwkW on the same dyno with Ben's tuning, just a couple of months ago on 16psi.

Couldn't get more than 262rwkW yesterday and I upped the boost to 17psi.

Also checked the graphs, air temp sensor was fine when I ran in the morning, 24 degrees on the 274rwkW run, 27 on the 262rwkW run.

Was running on 10,000km old plugs, but still. 12rwkW's?!?!

Maybe I got slight wheelspin or something in the midrange cause the car wasn't strapped down like it was when it was being tuned?

meh. It's all good.

Great day all in all. Hurray for Abobob and Ben.

Seems to me that the air-temp sensore may have been on the way out earlier in the day. Not taking anything away from anyone in particular but does anyone think that a stock 25 can make 175kW on 9psi and stock ECU? Or that a stock RB20 can make 185kW on 10psi with a stock ECU?

Adrian

yeah... dodge!!! but i definitely got 564rwkws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Adrian

Hey, i made 177.1 with stock ecu an 10psi just before you went on

Hey, i made 177.1 with stock ecu an 10psi just before you went on

Not having a shot at your car, effort or the manner in which the day was run - just suggesting that there were some curious figures. :D

Adrian

Yeah well done to the organisers!

I had an awesome day as after my run, one of the guys said I should be getting more than 185kw, considering I've got an aftermarket turbo. And after 6 months of owning my car, I've finally realised that I have an Apexi AX53B70 P25 (380HP) Turbo in my car! I thought it was stock all this time, and never looked hard enough to really check (its completely hidden from view).

Even the last owner told me it was a stock turbo!! lol :D

Time to crank the boost!

Edited by Primordial