Abo Bob

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Abo bob will post the results for all catagories,

but Boosted Zed squeezed out 427 rwkw from his VG30DETT,

go the cardigan wearing, tea sippers . :/

Sorry Mona, got there after 1.00, had to work.

You had a little scare, 500+ ?

See you @ WSID

Just had a look at Stan's dyno graph - from the SATANIC. Very surprising to see that UAS backed off the run before it even ended... meant that peak power wasn't even reached??? The dyno graph just went vertically downwards at the end, power curve hadn't even started to dip yet.

Anyone else see this on their graphs or was it just Stan's?

If I recall his A/F ratios were running a little to lean to push it too much farther.. was a good run.. could have held on a little longer, got a video of it here.. I think the main issue with power was his boost dropping off 1psi..

anyways.. good day.. stuck round for a bit.. than left.. stupid whining gearbox.. shits me to tears now sounds like i'm running a dogbox or something..

you the guy with the white shirt and camera? LOL!!! any vids of my car?!?! :/

Did anyone happen to get a vid of my run?? If someone did i would like to get it. 177.1 with a stock computer wasnt bad, and the induction scream nearly gave me a hard on!!

Who had the RB20 GTS-t with STD turbo Stock ECU and heaps of powa....smoky or what??

you the guy with the white shirt and camera? LOL!!! any vids of my car?!?

sorry to dissapoint.. but wasn't me mona.. I was hiding away.. nah had a singlet on.. not sure who else was there with a camera..

top secret anyone..

post-19556-1142069921.jpg

nice turn out of cars..

post-19556-1142069961.jpgpost-19556-1142070138.jpg

Edited by Links

yer morgs made 365rwkws with 19psi. Top secret car was a little disapointing made 440rwkws i think but had a t88-38k and 25psi i think thought it would pull more then that.

And where was duncun with BBQ :/

:sorcerer: Brad

I had a white T shirt and a camera... I was the one that wolf whistled back at your car Moanie :/

Pics coming soon...

Actually, thats me in the right hand side of the pic of the Top Secret GT-R lol!!

Edited by MattSR

Yeah great day in my opinion... nice area, plenty of parking (even if it was a bit tight) and overall very well organized! Well done to Adam :D

Personally I was a bit disappointed at my own result, not so much the number of rwkw's generated but the fact that I was running 1psi off from the tuning 2 weeks ago @ HITMAN. Also, I'm still wondering why they backed off the throttle at that specific rpm - definitely wasn't rev-cut. On a good note, I got a torque graph out of it :D very torquey setup :/

However, just like last time - I've come home with new ambitions (oh my god here we go again)... we've re-routed the boost lines and we're now currently holding 13psi flat :) Dunno if it'll be stable, need to get it dynoed again soon or maybe I'll just wait for the Haltech.

Great chatting with old mates, new mates and most of all seeing the turnout to this event!

I was told Mik made 371rwkw @ 1.5bar (22psi)?

maybe Mik can post and let us know

Mik made 371kw. Boost is typically 1.45 bar.

Thanks to Adam for organising and John for running. Also, thanks to Ben for finally listening to me and strapping it down... :/

yeah he got 265rwkw with nos, between 4000 and 4200 rpm he went from 120rwkw to 235 rwkw!!!! Near vert curve. Crazy.

It only took that long as I asked Ben from UAS to ramp it slowly to 4400rpm then bury it :/ Not a great idea ramping from low rpm with nitrous on a dyno under load. Rods don't like it. lol

I was happy with the 190kW no gas - I hope anyone who watched the curve or saw the power vs. manifold pressure graph took note of the values. If there are any old pricks with something to say purely for the sake of saying something still talking i'd be surprised.

Thanks to Adam, Turbosmart and UAS for a great day.

Adrian

It only took that long as I asked Ben from UAS to ramp it slowly to 4400rpm then bury it :/ Not a great idea ramping from low rpm with nitrous on a dyno under load. Rods don't like it. lol

I was happy with the 190kW no gas - I hope anyone who watched the curve or saw the power vs. manifold pressure graph took note of the values. If there are any old pricks with something to say purely for the sake of saying something still talking i'd be surprised.

Thanks to Adam, Turbosmart and UAS for a great day.

Adrian

Im an old prick...but have noting but congrats to all the winners!!!