SAU Community

No Speed Limit Street Car Event

INSSSANE

Guys and girls after the popularity and success of our first event i am pleased to announce that we will be holding a new event on the 17th March 2006. there is only 40 places avail for this event and they will surely fill up fast, with many people already wanting to sign up for this event.

17th march (friday) night

5pm onwards

5.30 SHARP scruitineering

6pm Driver Briefing

6.30pm On Track

11.00 Burnouts (not10.30pm)

Cost is slightly different from last time

$150 + CAMS licence (day $40 or year licence $97 can be purchased from us on the

night)

We are creatin a CAMS afiliated car club so we can do this. memberships will

be $97 and this includes your 1 year CAMS licence.

Also ALL vehicles are to be fitted with a fire extingusher, these can be purchase through us at a discounted rate which will include fitting.

Deposit info will be posted shortly

more exact details will follow very soon. so stay posted.

Cheers Brett.

p.s. my email is [email protected] if anyone has any questions.

Edited by INSSSANE

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey Brett,

could you give me alittle bit of more information about the event itself..

like is it a track day?

cheers michael :D

When you say "track day" i'm not sure of your meaning behind that. However 6 cars are on the track at once, you get 5 laps which includes 1 warm up lap 3 hot laps and 1 cool down lap.

It's not a race against each other, it's a race against the clock as there is delayed timing (same system used in the V8's)

If there is something specific your wanting to know then let me know.

Brett

im interested in joining the sau for these type of events, whats involved in getting 1 of these CAMS licence :D

As soon as we are setup (shouldn't be long) it'll just be a case of filling out some forms and paying the money, very simple. This is how i'll be aquiring my CAMS license...

Brett

I 'think' it's $30 (i'd have to find out exactly), other advantages is you could compete in any hill climb, any motorkhana etc

A level 2S cams license is $84 for the whole year, but you will ned to also be a member of an affiliated club like the WASCC or others. Have a look at www.cams.com.au :D

A level 2S cams license is $84 for the whole year, but you will ned to also be a member of an affiliated club like the WASCC or others.  Have a look at www.cams.com.au :(

We are actually creating a CAMS affliated car club which with membership and CAMS (L2S) license it will be only $105 per year with will be the cheapest way to get your CAMS license.

Just an update on fire extinguisher requirements and costs.

1kg fire extinguisher $44 retail

1kg '200mph' bracket $29 retail

Which equates to $73 retail plus fitting. (normal fitting charges would be around $40)

so......

Jai will professionally fit these for $85 total. For more details feel free to send me an email.

All prices inlcude GST.

Brett

Thanks for the Fire Exstinguisher info

I noticed in the first post you have misspelled a word....is it INclude mispelled with an E or EXclude mispelled with an N?. Kind of ironic its worked out like that :D. Im guessing its include though.

Also, where will that be fitted, passenger right leg side on centre console or can we chose?

Thanks for the Fire Exstinguisher info

I noticed in the first post you have misspelled a word....is it INclude mispelled with an E or EXclude mispelled with an N?. Kind of ironic its worked out like that :). Im guessing its include though.

Also, where will that be fitted, passenger right leg side on centre console or can we chose?

Fixed.

And regarding position, where Ant has mentioned would be the most idea position.

Just an update on fire extinguisher requirements and costs.

1kg fire extinguisher $44 retail

1kg '200mph' bracket $29 retail

Which equates to $73 retail plus fitting. (normal fitting charges would be around $40)

so......

Jai will professionally fit these for $85 total. For more details feel free to send me an email.

All prices inlcude GST.

Brett

Does the extinguisher have to be inspected & tagged for your events?

The extinguisher only needs to be inspected and tagged when it runs out of date. Not too sure but a new ext will expire in 2 years after manufacture....there is a date stamped on the bottle somewhere.

if in doubt just take it to a fire services place and they'll inspect & tag it for free (assuming it doesn't need a re-fill).