No Speed Limit Street Car Event

INSSSANE

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Incomplete car list as i don't have details on the Mitsubiushi crew that are coming down.

BAII FPV Super Pursuit Ute

FPV Tornado

Ford XR6T

Subaru WRX

GTR Nissan Skyline (530rwhp)

Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

BA GT-P

F6 Typhoon

RenaultSport Clio

Nissan Skyline Gtst 1995

Holden LX hatch torana

nissan bluebird attesa

r32 gtr 1993

’98 SUBARU WRX

GTiR

R32 GTR

N15 SSS

valent charger / mx5 turbo

VZ SS Ute

VZ SS Ute

S13 Silvia

VY SS ute

Silver Subaru Imprexa 2000 [MY 00 WA]

s15 200sx

Honda CRX (not type R)

R32 GTR

I walked out to my car today to find that it has a flat tyre, Jai said he'd take a look at the puncture so hopefully I am still in for this event....

What are the bloody chances :)

Great event, nice to meet ant and see some Skyline action on the track. There should be a link posted soon for all to see...

Too bad about the rain, noone could improve their times. Most fastest laps either 1st, 2nd or 3rd lap out.

Yep good to properly meet you Tom. I did enjoy Barbagello despite trying to learn the lines in the wet and dark :huh:

As Topaz said unfortunately it started spitting during the drivers briefing and never cleared up. The first two sessions were run with a damp track (just a light cover of rain) but after that it got properly wet.

Managed 7th fastest overall with a 1.04 in my 2nd session which ment I was 2nd quickest out of the 2wd which I am pretty happy with considering it was my first time out there and the conditions of the track.

Anyway I can't wait for the next event and believe that with a properly dry track and more experience I'll be able to crack the 60sec mark.

Fastest was Craig Hall -- VZ SS Ute -- 1m02.4301sec

I spun once on the last corner, just clipped the slippery APEX, but learnt my lesson after that. The best line is totally different in the wet compared to the dry. Lots of spins throse the S's by the RWD cars.

I spun once on the last corner, just clipped the slippery APEX, but learnt my lesson after that. The best line is totally different in the wet compared to the dry. Lots of spins throse the S's by the RWD cars.

Hahaha yeah gotta stay off the kerbs in the wet as the paint makes them very slippery. Funny thing was that it wasn't the rwd spinning the most (well except for the utes :( )....lots of oversteer moments but they managed to stay pointed in the right direction. The most people that were spinning were the fwd boys....those magnas and that crx spun a fair few times. I heard the owner of the turbo'd magna comment that his was 'a fair weather car only' LOL :huh:

Again, a great turnout of the skylines so thanks to you lot! Was good fun learning the new race line in the wet. Just a shame my car was crapping itself and fouling plugs.

I guess I'll see you guys next time :)

For the record I had no problems with over-steer :(

Hi Guys,

Was a great night even with the bad weather and i was very happy to have the R home in one piece with out missing a beat, with the motor so fresh (2,500kms old) only ran actuator pressure all night NOT that i could of used anymore power hehehe was slipping drifting everywhere BUT never put a wheel off thank god and ran careful 1.04. The instructors were excellent and i used the night to learn lines and pick there brains as my experience is all dirt track racing (very different).

I look forward to the next event hopefully by then i will have some semi slicks or r comps and dry track so i can lean on the old girl.

pete

Pete, Not going to stick with the Federal tyres ? lol

Was a great night, even though I was only spectating, hope to be out there with you for the next one.

Cheers

Paul

Federals are not for the track for sure, i felt more like i was back on the stick clay at Claremont lol Time to put some nice rubber on my spare rimes.

Topaz i was in the white r33 gtr

pete