SAU Community

Dyno Results

Gts-t

Had my r32 gtst tuned by Sam aka Dr Drift yesterday and i cannot reccomend him enough. He really gets nothing less than the best from your car. I think we were on the dyno for close to 3 hours and he charged me for a bit less, so i was really happy. Not like other places that want to sting you for the last 5 cents they can.

Anwyays im sure most of you know his work is 10/10, here are the results.

This was achieved on stock injectors so it shoudl also silence a few critics.

When you look at the dyno graph you can see what i went in with and what i left with. What you cant see is the afr's that were all over the place with the chip i drove in with and how perfect they are with the chip i left with.

Made my day :)

post-4425-1138067969.jpg

looks good. Sam knows what he's doing :)

did you get that done up in brisbane?

what turbo have you got? Rb20 i presume?

Cheers.

Sorry, relevant mods to the RB20 are hks 2530, nismo adj reg, bosch 044 intank. Top quality intake and exaust systems help too. I think the stockers limit is around 160-170 but i could be wrong.

Anyone who gets the chance i highly recommend, i would truly be disappointed if i couldnt have him tune it again in the future. Possibly for some tomei poncams (stuff adj cam gears) and nismo 550 or 600cc injectors.

I also have fuel economy now !!!!

EDIT: yes this was done in brisbane, gold coast actually and was @ 17 psi

Edited by 26GTS

Sorry, relevant mods to the RB20 are hks 2530, nismo adj reg, bosch 044 intank. Top quality intake and exaust systems help too. I think the stockers limit is around 160-170 but i could be wrong.

Anyone who gets the chance i highly recommend, i would truly be disappointed if i couldnt have him tune it again in the future. Possibly for some tomei poncams (stuff adj cam gears) and nismo 550 or 600cc injectors.

I also have fuel economy now !!!!

thats good power for a 2530!

and yeah, getting good fuel economy was one of the highlights :)

do you have a z32 afm too?

How is your fuel economy now

how many litres per 100 km?

cheers

I dont drive it sedately enough to tell you sorry, plus i only got it done yesterday. If i could manage to drive it without flogging it then that might help. Its also my toy car so i only drive it a 5 or so times a week.

All i can say is its much better between 25 and 50% better at a reasonable guess.

I dont drive it sedately enough to tell you sorry, plus i only got it done yesterday. If i could manage to drive it without flogging it then that might help. Its also my toy car so i only drive it a 5 or so times a week.

All i can say is its much better between 25 and 50% better at a reasonable guess.

Do you know if he emulates or does he burn chips ervery time he makes a change?

This was achieved on stock injectors so it shoudl also silence a few critics.

Not really (not that im a critic)

But you've obviously bumped the rail pressure

nismo adj reg

So its kinda hard to tell :P

If you hadnt bump'd the pressure then i'd pay a silence of the galleries :(

Oh... and Sam was getting Emulation last tiem i spoke to him (couple months)

So i'd say one burn @ the end and she's away

He emulates them for sure, very tidy equipment he has been developing for years now.

And yeah Nismoid the pressure is bumped up, it was really only significant because sam had never tuned that from stock injectors.I plan to get the injectors and cams before he is back next. That should enable me to find the limit of the 2350.

:)

i've got a similar setup (2530/RB20) and i'm not making as much power but mine seems to come on boost full boost (18psi) about 400-500rpm earlier from what i can see on your graph.

Damn, that sucks, i really dont find it laggy at all though very compareable to the stocker. I have a Profec b spec 2 that opens the holds the wastegate shut untill it reaches .75 bar.

I dont think you can tell how laggy something really is on the dyno

My 2 cents :(

You'll find that most operators don't really start loading up the car below 3k so it doesn't give your turbo the opportunity to start building boost as it would on the street. On the dyno i hit 20psi by 4k, on the street it's more like 3200.

but think about what u just said, it that really giving u a good tune??

your gonna be tuning it for lower load points on the dyno then it hits the road and its using higher load point which wasnt tuned as well.

u got a dyno to simulate the road conditions and u dont use it to the full potential, i think thats abit silly.

thats my 2 cents, no disrespect to anyone.

Glad to hear your happy with the tune, I was :)

yogi - Most of the low to midrange has been re-done, some runs were loaded up down low, Mick's car has excellent transition from the 14.7 AFM when running on the factory O2 down to 12.0 as the car's generating boost.