SAU Community

Soarer Or Celsior

INASNT

to answer your questions:

they are only bad on fuel if you drive it like an idiot. they are 4.0L V8 so they arent too bad....very easy to speed in though. not the quickest of the line compared to a 5L V8 holden, but get going once they are rolling. they are alittle tough on petrol if youve had them a bit modified. but what do you expect its a V8.

engine wise they arent too tough to work on, but you have to take alot off to get to the spark plugs and a shitload off to get to the timing belt and once there you might as well replace the water pump.

havent had any problems with the air on both on them, but theres plenty to look out for. mostly the valves on each strut will be old and worn. most of them are lobsided as well (left sticks down more then the right side other vice versa), but this can be changed manually and on a controller if you have the function - most newer ones do.....the ride depends on ball joints (which are mainly f***ked) and how low the car is as the dampners are chaned automatically on a lower ride.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have a celsior and you want it pimp....you have to get a huge bodykit with some deep dishes :( dont get 19/20s from australia if they arent deep dishes, i think they look crap on em.

the bodykit is no problem! thats why you have air suspension! a controller is EASY to get if you dont have one and theres plenty around. but depends what you want and what look you are after.

i drive my blue 1 as a daily since i moved house and only hav 1 carport. they are perfect as a daily driver....does chew up some petrol but hey thats the price you pay for having a car like this. it really is ultimate luxury if you find a good one. even better with some mods.

i just got the black one ADR complied....it was going for $9999 uncomplied, but will end up around the 12K after i get it passed through regency. its on carsales if you want more pics.

With a suspension controller can you drop the car down on the chassis rails when parked?

depends if you have aftermarket air suspension or not...and depends what type of controller you have. also depends where the manual hieght of each strut is normally as to how extreme low it will go.

Smellsiors are cool. Everyone at work except me owns one. From grandpa style to VIP style.

Soarers though are the shit, its like a monaro, only better.

If I was given the choice between a C Type F package Smellsior and a V8 Soarer I'd be going the smellsior, much more mature, more features and buttons than you can poke a stick at, and much better looking I reckon... it just has a presence that follows it around with just the right kit, paint and rims.

Denham, we've still got a few 15 year old smellsiors waiting to be sold sitting in japan (approvals n stuff have already been gotten) pm me and I'll give you some links.

Smellsiors are cool. Everyone at work except me owns one. From grandpa style to VIP style.

Soarers though are the shit, its like a monaro, only better.

If I was given the choice between a C Type F package Smellsior and a V8 Soarer I'd be going the smellsior, much more mature, more features and buttons than you can poke a stick at, and much better looking I reckon... it just has a presence that follows it around with just the right kit, paint and rims.

Denham, we've still got a few 15 year old smellsiors waiting to be sold sitting in japan (approvals n stuff have already been gotten) pm me and I'll give you some links.

U already have a PM from me about ghosting that hd for the ps2!!

Send me some links to the celsiors u have for sale

well i have a soarer. and i can tell you either the celsior or the soarer will not be a very cheap car to drive. they loooove the fuel. i mean it is a heavy car with a V8 after all. The soarer is great though. i have an active model which means instead of the dodgy airbags i have hydraulic suspension. it's a good car for the money. every option under the sun (including reverse camera which i love). looks good and is very comfortable, but quite slow, and fuel hungry.

I was reading in another forum that a user claimed to be getting 600kms per tank out of the celsior. Thats a shitload better than what I get with my r33 gtst.

How thirsty are you talking for the soarer Baron and do you have the v8 or TT?

But doesent the celsior have a damn big fuel tank???

Exactly.

My mate's ex-Pursuit VT SS was getting a similar range out of a tank (maybe a touch more). Mind you, it had a secondary fuel tank which brought total capacity up to 100L. I could fill up, pay, and check my tyre pressures by the time he filled up his tank.

R108's mate, look like the 17's on my Soarer.

The V8 is plenty good though in these and I've done 8 hours on a tank through NSW on the Newell Hwy, but using the standard wheel/tyre size. 10km/l average at 107kmh on the cruise control that is now modded for unlimited up to 180kmh. It drops in economy a bit on wider ones (235F/255R) to around 8km/l on the EMV screen and a bit over 6km/l around town pushing it. Tossup which I prefer around town, R33 auto or Soarer V8. Both use about the same fuel but it's still heaps less than the GTR (only cos I like to punt it a bit).

Celsior was the only choice for a swap though, why would you chase a Soarer? We must drag sometime :unsure:

R108's mate, look like the 17's on my Soarer.

The V8 is plenty good though in these and I've done 8 hours on a tank through NSW on the Newell Hwy, but using the standard wheel/tyre size. 10km/l average at 107kmh on the cruise control that is now modded for unlimited up to 180kmh. It drops in economy a bit on wider ones (235F/255R) to around 8km/l on the EMV screen and a bit over 6km/l around town pushing it. Tossup which I prefer around town, R33 auto or Soarer V8. Both use about the same fuel but it's still heaps less than the GTR (only cos I like to punt it a bit).

Celsior was the only choice for a swap though, why would you chase a Soarer? We must drag sometime :)

Thats one thing i forgot about with putting on 20's is fuel economy!! :)

Some pics of my celsior after I gave it a clean today.

The pimping will be done soon. Ordered an air suspension controller from japan so I can dump it more than currently, and still checking out which 19 inch rims I am going to get.

DVD/MP3 and flip out screen with focal and mtx stereo also to go in in the new month.

U can even see the good old R33 in the background which doesent get driven much these days :P

post-11694-1139220425.jpg

post-11694-1139220506.jpg

post-11694-1139220549.jpg

post-11694-1139220610.jpg

post-11694-1139220696.jpg