SAU Community

Going From An R33 Gtst To A Pulsar Gtir

JaFF

I'm not basing an argument on a DVD at all. I've been out to many cruises and a few track days and a gti-r stock VS stock or even mildly modded vs mildly modded are very close!!.

The gti-r handles better where as the GTR has a bit more go.

mate i have owned both, and driven both. I have drag raced both, and i have driven both on the circuit and i can tell you that to say the GTI-R handles better than the GTR is just wrong. The GTR has a much nicer suspension set-up, weight distribution and chassis than the pulsar. no question.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate i have owned both, and driven both. I have drag raced both, and i have driven both on the circuit and i can tell you that to say the GTI-R handles better than the GTR is just wrong. The GTR has a much nicer suspension set-up, weight distribution and chassis than the pulsar. no question.

I'd prefer the gti-r :rofl:

GTI-Rs are great. no question. but trust me. Take a GTR to the track. then tell me you prefer the GTI-R and then i can have your committal papers drawn up. haha

I don't want a skyline anymore, too much shit associated with the name. It's the VL of this decade....

Greg

Best motoring DVD had the gti-r VS an R32 GTR and the gti-r is up with the R32 GTR the whole way!! Around corners the GTi-r destroys the GTR, the only area the GTR was winning was the straights, even then the gti-r was very close. This was a test stock VS stock.

Greg

Greg - Very suprising to hear that about the DVD. I believe ya the DVD showed it but something must have been off... GTiRs are DAMN fast, and with the right driver plowing the nose through corners VERY VERY competetive (imo) but _destroying_ a GTR??? I can believe it passed it but it can't have destroyed it surely?

Each to his own and between funky, baron and Greg there's been enough good thoughts in here for the person who started the thread.

I've never driven a GTR but having driven silvias, cefiros, GTiRs I'd still take the GTR if I could.

On topic however - the prospective owner of the GTiR shouldn't have any worries but it won't save money :P

Guest Mashrock

i used to own a gtir,

great little car..

but lots of lemons out there.

i ended up selling and adding another 10k and getting a gtr..

but i have also been considering another.. haha

Guest Mashrock

please listen to him..

he knows.

Guest Mashrock

and p.s. in the year or two i owned my gtir, the on the road time was very little..

broken gearbox, than led to an oil filter comming off.. ceasing motor. resulting in rebuild. than eventually selling and moving up in the world.

the gtir was an understeering pig.. but ever so fun doing the drifto in the wet or on dirt.. i f**king loved it.

if i owned a farm.. i'd buy a gtir

Greg - Very suprising to hear that about the DVD. I believe ya the DVD showed it but something must have been off... GTiRs are DAMN fast, and with the right driver plowing the nose through corners VERY VERY competetive (imo) but _destroying_ a GTR??? I can believe it passed it but it can't have destroyed it surely?

Throughout the corners the GTi-r gets the GTR every time (on this DVD). On the straight the Gti-R was not far from the GTR at all.

The dvd can be seen here: http://forum.gtiroz.net/viewtopic.php?t=487

Greg

A dvd of 1 track day doesent really mean squat especially if the whole thing is in japanese.

In the GTR special edition best motoring dvd they race a 34,33,32 GTR's and a G35 on a track and the G35 beats the R32 as the R32 has oil cooler problems and keeps overheating and has to keep slowing down. If it didnt have english translation you wouldnt know and would think the r32 was a piece of shit.

Then there the best motoring drivers. Gan San is a mad man and if he was driving the gtir the other drivers usually stay out of his way :rofl:

A dvd of 1 track day doesent really mean squat especially if the whole thing is in japanese.

In the GTR special edition best motoring dvd they race a 34,33,32 GTR's and a G35 on a track and the G35 beats the R32 as the R32 has oil cooler problems and keeps overheating and has to keep slowing down. If it didnt have english translation you wouldnt know and would think the r32 was a piece of shit.

Then there the best motoring drivers. Gan San is a mad man and if he was driving the gtir the other drivers usually stay out of his way :rofl:

WOW... calm down..

I couldn't care less either way.

I think in this thread the thread creater has estabilished what he needed.

I would never buy another skyline no matter what (unless it's a V35). All the time slips and track records in the world could not convince me to put up with all the bull shit with owning another skyline (eg. wanna run bro, [at every set of lights]).

Greg