SAU Community

P Plate Gtst's

I got a quote from just cars. They said they would insure it for me. But when i asked them about the high powered car issue, they told me that it was up to us to inform them that it is illegal to drive and 'if' they found out it was high powered, they would not cover a claim. Also, i got quoted a premium of 1,650 as a 20 year old which isn't bad.

I got a quote from just cars. They said they would insure it for me. But when i asked them about the high powered car issue, they told me that it was up to us to inform them that it is illegal to drive and 'if' they found out it was high powered, they would not cover a claim. Also, i got quoted a premium of 1,650 as a 20 year old which isn't bad.

Of course they would. Because P plater in high powered car money is free money.

They'll take your premium, even if they knew full well you'll never be covered. They'd prefer not to know so "ethically", and I us the term loosely when it comes to insurance companies, they can get off scott free. If you take them to court saying that they offered to insure you knowing full well you're not allowed to drive that car, if they don't "know" its illegal they've got plausible deniability and can refuse your claim.

yes the insurance is a little ming mong my friend just got his r33 series 2 gtst and i was with him and we crash his insurance covered it was with just cars although it wasnt his fault they fixed his car then sued the at fault driver for the cash hmmm... still might pay for non at fault to get it done a little quick but probly not at fault good to find out....

Thanks sooo much everyone for all the response!! Has anyone heard of R33 series 1.5?? aparently they are legal on ur ps and they have turbo..

Well im still not sure wether to get a R32 gtst or 33 non turbod :S:S:S

Any advice or recomendations would be aweome!!!

thanks guys! :P

• 9 months later...

Hi, i'm new to this site, i am currently looking at getting a 4 door ER33 GTS 25t. now i'm on my P's, I have looked at vicroads, and they only list the coupe on the restricted list, so i am confused :laugh: , maybe obviuos the 4 door is heavier? Any way if the 4 door is legal could anyone let us know thanks!

PS Excellent site!

Laws vary from state to state.

The states that are toughest on these things (NSW & VIC) have both revised/updated laws since this thread was started (about 11 months ago)

Ask (or search) in your local state section for more information.