SAU Community

Coilover Opinions

Hey guys, Looking at importing some new coilovers for the Laurel and have pretty much narrowed it down to JIC, CST and Buddy Club. Interested in anyones experiences with these brands with quality, performance etc. Also if anyone has any idea on differences in the models of the above mentioned brands as the google translator isn't much help :angry: Will be 8kg fronts and 6kg rears as it's my daily..

Cheers

Edited by Drift_Limo

i just got JIC coilovers 8k front and 6 k rear .....for daily and some track use....... but i dont think they are soft enought for daily driving in my mind ......in most cases they are ok but if u get a bad road they can really annoy the crap out of u - e.g take the f3 freeway (heads north out of sydney) for example ..... u wouldnt beleive how un smooth that road is!!!

Mine are fully adjustable .....i have been thinking whether i could get the spring replace to say 7k - 5k or 6k - 4k .......

i just got JIC coilovers 8k front and 6 k rear .....for daily and some track use....... but i dont think they are soft enought for daily driving in my mind ......in most cases they are ok but if u get a bad road they can really annoy the crap out of u - e.g take the f3 freeway (heads north out of sydney)  for example ..... u wouldnt beleive how un smooth that road is!!!

Mine are fully adjustable .....i have been thinking whether i could get the spring replace to say 7k - 5k or 6k - 4k .......

Hey Resin what model do you have? Damper adjustable? Did you buy em new?

Don't be soft :) Remember the 8 and 6kg rates were designed for s13's wich are what.... 150-200 kg lighter

they are the jic flt -a2 coilovers

damper adjustable, camber tops on the fronts and height adjustable at base of spring and base of strut.

They are on the softest setting which isnt the way u should go when softening them anyway (fromt what i have read on these forums)

They may be for an s13 but thats thats on a race track and not on crappy aust roads. Also rememeber thats stocks are like 3k and normal after marker springs are like 4k .....whcih make the ones i got f'ing hard.

They would be very nice on a race track but really my car is going to fall apart from driving around on these things .

U Should see the headlights on the road - they are jumping up and down the whole time ....it must be a pain to be infront of me.

Every body that has been in my car has said they are too hard

But as like u i went with these because everyone said they would be great for daily driving. Well if i were u try and get a drive in someones car with them first and then make ur mind up.

Just to note: ...i also have adjustable swaybars, strut braces and low profiles tyres which all add to stiffening the car and make noiser. If i didnt have these other items the coilovers probably would be a titch softer.

Edited by Resin