SAU Community

Soon To Be Stagea Owner, Another One...

de plane! de plane! ...oh no... de boat! de boat! (totally lost on anyone under 25)

Yes, the ship is docking on Monday (as Darrin has mentioned already) and my Stagea will be on Aussie soil, that's great news to me!

Can't wait to get it on the road, of course! :)

Cheers

Luke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I remember a car that looked identical to that... it came up in december at a different auction, we had it inspected coz we were interested in bidding on it. we didn't go through with it as it had rust on the underbody and it was repainted from KR4 (silver).

Although I'm just going by the looks of the car alone, so yours could be a totally different car altogether, which just happens to look the same as the one I'm talking about. The VIN number of the car I'm talking about is WGNC34-011956 so if its different to yours then I'm sorry for raising false alarms.

edit: just realised the one I'm talking about has a totally different grille to yours. So chances are it isn't the same car. Sorry about that.

blackstagea_front.jpg

blackstagea_rear.jpg

Yeah... Thanks! No that's fine, I had an inspection done before auction and there were no signs of anything out of place, I guess you never know until you see it for yourself but time will tell.

They look very, very close to being the same car, colour, bodykit, wheels...

Car was originally Green (there was no such thing as a Black S1 for anyone that is looking)

Luke

Edited by munchdesign

The one above that had the rust (1st one) is GAY.

The guys removed the darkend rear windows and put homo see-through ones!

But damn they are similar!

Yeah I have seen a few go through the auctions, same colour, same kit, similar wheels. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing...

Geoff thought that the windows on mine were even darker than standard but I think comparing it to other cars at the same auction (same lighting, position when photographed) that it is just the Black paint that makes them look even darker.

Luke

11714865_f.jpg

11714865_r.jpg

The one above that had the rust (1st one) is GAY.

The guys removed the darkend rear windows and put homo see-through ones!

But damn they are similar!

Having looked at the grill and the fact that it doesn't have the privacy glass, that one looks to be an X- or G-spec Stagea, as only the RS-spec and above came with the egg-crate mesh-style grill and dark windows...

Tell you what, that Nissan Archive page has sure come in handy in so many ways... And I've updated the Buyer's Guide too, using info I found in the archive page.

Yeah I have seen a few go through the auctions, same colour, same kit, similar wheels. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing...

Geoff thought that the windows on mine were even darker than standard but I think comparing it to other cars at the same auction (same lighting, position when photographed) that it is just the Black paint that makes them look even darker.

Luke

congrats on the new car. my only worry would be i hope you have a very good and caring buyer as a colour change sends alarm bells off in my head everytime i'm told it when having a car inspected. usually they are only painted after extensive repairs. which is ok if done well, if not it's a nightmare. fingers crossed for you. :O

congrats on the new car. my only worry would be i hope you have a very good and caring buyer as a colour change sends alarm bells off in my head everytime i'm told it when having a car inspected. usually they are only painted after extensive repairs. which is ok if done well, if not it's a nightmare. fingers crossed for you. :O

Yeah I share those sentiments myself and didn't know that it had been repainted at the time of purchase (was not impressed!) I have been ensured that the car is spot on after a thorough inspection, the fact that 95% of people in Australia still wouldn't know a Stagea if it bit them on the bum is probably an even bigger barrier to selling the car I guess...

I think I have had enough "...I hope your car isn't f****d..." comments thanks guys, I hope it isn't! More than you do!!! So if you want to leave them out, I'll let you know the result when it gets here!!! ...and if it's no good, what can I do? Suck eggs I'd say...

Luke

Yeah I share those sentiments myself and didn't know that it had been repainted at the time of purchase (was not impressed!) I have been ensured that the car is spot on after a thorough inspection, the fact that 95% of people in Australia still wouldn't know a Stagea if it bit them on the bum is probably an even bigger barrier to selling the car I guess...

I think I have had enough "...I hope your car isn't f****d..." comments thanks guys, I hope it isn't! More than you do!!! So if you want to leave them out, I'll let you know the result when it gets here!!! ...and if it's no good, what can I do? Suck eggs I'd say...

Luke

Yeah I had that comment alot... grrr

Mates: "Hows your EBay car going?"

Me: "F*ck up"

eBay car?

Dont worry champ, everyone gets those comments when importing.

I was told that i should be careful to not get a lemon...what did i get? A big white VIP lemon :)

Ah well, you win some loose some, though unlike you, i should have just bought a stagea from the begining.

eBay car?

Dont worry champ, everyone gets those comments when importing.

I was told that i should be careful to not get a lemon...what did i get? A big white VIP lemon :)

Ah well, you win some loose some, though unlike you, i should have just bought a stagea from the begining.

Yeah well not exactly ebay now is it! lol

That was their idea of J Spec

As long as the RAW complying your car is OK with it (and I'm fairly sure your RAW would know about the car by now seeing as they had to apply for an import approval for it) then you should be fine. Also minor damage like scratched panels and pin dents are OK for compliance, and quite possible that the car was repainted to cover those up.

Seeing as Black isn't a factory colour for the S1's it's also quite likely that the old owner had a bit of penis envy for the S2's when they came out and got his redone in black. If you've seen a dark green stagea up close and personal you'll know that its very easy to do a colour change on it to black. The engine bay itself is sooo dark that it looks black in sunlight if its a little dirty.

i have penis envy for S2's black stock colour :)

However, the more i think about it, the more i want to keep my car white.

I want mine black :mellow: Yay

Thanks guys,

I am looking forward to getting my hands on the car now. I am off on holidays for a couple of weeks as of Wednesday (Alex send those wheels :happy: ) so it should be pretty close to mine by the time I get back. I will be sure to give you all the details then!

Cheers

Luke

• 3 weeks later...

Car has arrived, been through customs, and has now been complied!

I had a feeling this was going to be a hard part of the exercise but has been pretty easy, maybe it will be the registration process that will bring me undone?

On a truck next week some time from Brissy to Melbourne then I'll be picking it up. Will be great to see it, compliance shop told me it looks neat and has come up well so I can't wait to see the thing, have only ever seen the 2 auction photos of the car so I think I am in for a good surprise (I have low expectations I guess).

Will get pics and details happening once I get my hands on it.

Cheers

Luke