SAU Community

Car Falling Apart.

vange

Was driving 2 my mates house late last nite with few friends, in several cars, i was alongside my mate in his HSV GTO. we got to draffic lights (after driving for 10 min along marion rd) and as the ligths go green, i start driving, n i look behind me n he isnt moving.

he calls me n goes my car wont move. i go back to have a look, start the engine runns ok, put it in drive n hear grinding noise comming from the back..i go, have a look under the car incase somthings jammed underneath...we have a look and wat do we see...3 brackets with 5cm long thick bolts on the ground under the car...

came from the diff, raa came, n said thers no awy they could have just fallen off, had 2 b unscrewed, and would have taken a while cos its awkward position/large bolts...some parts to the diff came off and there was 2 more missing there we couldnt find...sounded like the bearings were fked....got towed to HSV to get repaird...lucky its under warranty...lol well theres my excitment for the night...

Dude i used to work on new stuff that holdens built, and the v8 irs were all the same. Ive seen some poor excuse for quality come through, and i complained about it.

Know what response i was given?...-"Don't worry about it, because holdens are happy with it"

Chassis are basically all the same from base to HSV GTO models.

Edited by Bl4cK32

my oldman has a gto monaro and had no probs with it...

maybe i should climb undernethe it and check  some mountings out

And they wonder why people buy imported cars :S

My old man's VX S Commodore has only done about 60k and is always garaged... yet all the rubbers on the rear window have already shrunk and gone out of shape

My Supra turns 20 years old this year.... all the rubbers are the original ones, and are still in awesome condition.

My old Commo's rear IRS subframe cracked all the way through, the crack looked like it began from where the diff bolts up on the drivers side. Obviously gear slapping related. :P

Cost 2k to fix... My rear wheels had what looked like 45degree's negative camber with the bumper touching the ground. :S

Then the diff went... and the gearbox.. :S

Simply looking at the design you can see how the skylines are so much stronger. Not that this is a comparo thread, just an observation from an ex-commode owner.

Sounds like the center bearing mount has dropped?? I doubt the gearbox rear mount has let go.

ha ha ha ha ahahahahahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa farkin ha what do you expect from a car that comes from elizabeth made by beer swilling, dope smoking, meth taking, ferals ha no shit it fell apart , sorry laughed my ass off that hard am still hurting from it.

Pre-VT Commodores had all sorts of sub frame issues.

Far less common in the later models though.

Yes, it scares me some of the people that screw these things together out there too!

I dont have any problems with holden cars. All of the ones made before 1979 are the best running, most reliable cars i have owned.

There are quality holdens, built but like anywhere else, there was quality issues that you wouldnt want on a car you would buy.

Have a look how many Holdens there are in the workers carpark to see what i mean :)

ha ha ha ha ahahahahahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa farkin ha what do you expect from a car that comes from elizabeth made by beer swilling, dope smoking, meth taking, ferals ha no shit it fell apart , sorry laughed my ass off that hard am still hurting from it.

... the same as a car built by "beer swilling, dope smoking, meth taking, ferals" in the industrial districts of japan.. There isnt some brilliant samurai sword builder that personally builds each skyline you know... they have their line workers too. I guess holdens are just built to a price, and thats about it.

That's my biggest reservation about "performance" commodores is that their price tag isn't reflected in a better overall build quality...

lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: