SAU Community

Anyone Have Experience With J-spec Or Imports 101

private9

I have imported 3 cars now for myself and 2 for family members. I did it all threw the brokers at www.boostimports.com I would more the gladly recomend them to anyone. They are only a small group but will source whatever you are chasing and make an effortto make it easier for you as they did for me. They also also know alot people in the trade over here for mods and so forth afterwards so that is always helpful aswell, just thought I would chuck their name up if anyone was interested.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got my R33 of Craig and his bro from J-spec back in..... 2001. Top guy, no bullshit approach which is wat i like, plus he got the roady, and helped with the rego for me too!!

He even screamed at Vicroads for me cause they were being a55holes!!!

heard he moved from Box Hill now so i cant harass him with my legal problems anymore!!!

• 1 month later...

give us a try BoostImports we also got a yard Located in Briabne CBD area we can import cars for indviduals or you can purchase car at our yard at wholesale price

You have a Pm mate

Looks like I've found the exact car I want, but problem is it's available through J-Spec, Imports 101 and Prestige Motorsport!

Pricing is pretty much the same through all 3, but at least J-Spec are in Melb so at least I can go have a chat with them about it.

Prestige don't sound too bad either, however I notice that sections of their website has information that predates the SEVS/RAWS changes and has not been updated, to me that isn't a good sign.....

I have only heard good things about J-Spec so far, but have heard negatives about Imports 101 and Prestige - however as with any business you're never going to have 100% of customers happy so it is hard to tell how genuine some of the negatives are.

Looks like I've found the exact car I want, but problem is it's available through J-Spec, Imports 101 and Prestige Motorsport!

Pricing is pretty much the same through all 3, but at least J-Spec are in Melb so at least I can go have a chat with them about it.

Prestige don't sound too bad either, however I notice that sections of their website has information that predates the SEVS/RAWS changes and has not been updated, to me that isn't a good sign.....

I have only heard good things about J-Spec so far, but have heard negatives about Imports 101 and Prestige - however as with any business you're never going to have 100% of customers happy so it is hard to tell how genuine some of the negatives are.

Out of all them J-spec. they wont take you for a ride, Plus also they are major sponsors of this website, which means they have a HELL OF A LOT to loose if something is screwd up in your dealings, as you will come here first.. heheh

But ask j spec who is the supplier in Japan and get back to me.

Thanks guys, look most likely like J-Spec with Imports 101 second - they've (Imports 101) been very quick to reply and also offer a full guarantee and refund if the vehicle is not as described etc.

Re2, I have asked which supplier this is through, and I will let you know!

Thanks all!!!!

I would go through J-Spec my hubby and i have just recently imported/purchased 2 stageas from japan and at the moment craig has been absolutely great!! has helped us out with some issues and has been really helpful although he is busy!

Funkymonkey is a great help on here too....!!

I would go through J-Spec my hubby and i have just recently imported/purchased 2 stageas from japan and at the moment craig has been absolutely great!! has helped us out with some issues and has been really helpful although he is busy!

Funkymonkey is a great help on here too....!!

Yet to recieve word back from J-spec or AllBlitz. I'm starting to get a little worried when businesses don't return emails and it's the first car I've looked at importing. :mage:

Yet to recieve word back from J-spec or AllBlitz. I'm starting to get a little worried when businesses don't return emails and it's the first car I've looked at importing. :D

Yeah JSpec (craig) dont start until today (tuesday)...i understand that you worry when you havent heard anything back from business, maybe resend them an email or even contact/pm funkymonkey on here and get him to get craig to contact you!! otherwise phone them!!!

I have never had a real issue with them not responding, and the one issue when did have craig sorted quick smart and provided us with plenty of information because he is eastern states and we are perth!!

Hoping that my car arrives soon :mage:

Yet to recieve word back from J-spec or AllBlitz. I'm starting to get a little worried when businesses don't return emails and it's the first car I've looked at importing. :P

Dude, I cant recall getting any messages from you at all. I usually respond to my messages within 24-48 hrs the latest. PM me with your questions/requests.

I'm currently sourcing a 34 through J-Spec (car has been purchased, just waiting on a boat) and can't say that I've had any concerns whatsoever.

I chose J-Spec over Prestige (who I would also recommend) simply because they're in Melbourne and I've met the guys, and the cars they're brought in, before.

Just be prepared to wait a couple of months (no matter who you choose) - gone are the good old days of getting a car imported and on road in a matter of weeks.

Just be prepared to wait a couple of months (no matter who you choose) - gone are the good old days of getting a car imported and on road in a matter of weeks.

Yeah that's cool, I don't mind waiting some time for a car of my dreams :P

I've decided to go with a Black 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit-R Type B. Getting finance and insurance sorted first but I've begun the search for the car now in time for it to land in my hands for christmas lol

Yeah that's cool, I don't mind waiting some time for a car of my dreams ;)

I've decided to go with a Black 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit-R Type B. Getting finance and insurance sorted first but I've begun the search for the car now in time for it to land in my hands for christmas lol

Awesome, now that is a hell nice car!!

If youre in Perth, give Jshop a call 9358 4969 and speak to Raheem. He's a broker as well but goes to Japan like once a month/2months to source for cars/parts coz he says he can do compression test...etc and he has all these USS ID cards.

The only problem is that he sells a lot to Dealers only and only sometimes brings cars to sell to the public.

Just to add some additional info. Shop around (my advise).