SAU Community

Yay! Racing is back! Wakefield 500 Sat 15 March

Duncan

Well, a new season is finally here. My first race this year is at the Wakefield 500 on 15 March.

This is a 6 hour endurance race, myself, Mark Hawkins (HAW001) and another Daewoo racer, Tom Browell (winner of last year's GP celebrity race) will be running as a team. Approx 16 Daewoos and 30 MG-Fs will be racing.

I can't organise tickets to this one, but I think entry may be free for the day anyway.

More info here: http://www.moproaustralia.com.au/special%2...ents/frmain.htm

We are also looking for the following, and would love to hear from anyone who can help out:

* In car camera for rent

* Helmet radio system x3 for rent

* Pit crew volunteers - mostly for tyre changing and timing/comms

* FWD race car available for rent on Sat 8/3.

* Pit girls in cat suits with colourful umbrellas.

Duncan, I'm happy to volunteer for :

* Pit girls in cat suits with colourful umbrellas.

What ever should I wear ???

I could double for a pit crew tyre changer too .....

As for FWD car - just use your Skyline in reverse - still would beat them all !!!

:P

Duncan,,,,I'll gladly help out,,, Seriously put me down for a wheel changer or what ever help you need,,,,.

I'll pass in the skirt shit though,,,fatz can shave his legs but I refuse to do them or my armpits....

Brendan your an idiot,,,,.

fatz,,,,I'll bring the Beer,,,a case of VB in the boot,,,,Nice and cold.

Neil.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Sorry its been so long since an update.

Everythings still on track for next Sat, we're doing the final planning on Tue night and heading down to wakefield on Thursday afternoon for practice on Friday.

We're still after assistance with tyres, comms and lap counting, so if the offer is still there (brendanf, Silver-Arrowz, fatz, ndr), we'll gladly accept your offer.....no catsuits thought thanks!

Please post if you're still available, we'd be looking for you to be at Wakefield by 9am on Sat, the race will finish about 5pm. We have 2 spots left for accomodation either night, so let us know if you're interested in that too.

Oh, and I did end up using the skyline in reverse yesterday...biggest spin ever! Luckily we also had a suzuki to spin into the kitty litter as well....

Oh, and anyone got a small generator?

Duncan,,,,you want for anything,,,,small trolley jacks,,,shit like that....

Hey I was just thinking,,,we should intimadate them all,,,If we get Brendan,,,we will have 2 GTR's and 3 GTS-T's. Park them all together,,,mean looking bunch of Muthers.

Neil.

Hey Brendan, Dan, you guys suck, you're outta team trackday!

(j/k) :D

Thanks Neil, I think we've got the gear we need together..we should be right!

We'll have entry tickets at the gates for you guys, and Team TDM T-shirts and food provided. You will have to work for them though :)

Some good news, if anyone's interested staying down there on Sat night, we have:

* Accomodation for 4 ppl,

* Free Beer (mmm....beer),

* And Sunday's racing - Sports Sedans, Group A and C, Group N and Alfa Cup!

Hi Guys,

Quick update- we qualified for the Top 10 shoot out and will start the race 5th on the grid (even with an engine problem).

Hope to see some of you bright and early tomorrow.

Should be lots of fun.