SAU Community

To Mesh Or Not To Mesh Cooler?

nsta

Hey guys, got my cooler fitted, got a type m front getting resprayed as i speak, and cut the opening of the bar for more air into the cooler.

My question is should i have my bumper meshed up or not?, how many on this board have meshed theirs up???, and should it be done, i knw it looks cooler w/o the mesh, but will meshing help save my cooler in the long run??

Edited by nsta

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, got my cooler fitted, got a type m front getting resprayed as i speak, and cut the opening of the bar for more air into the cooler.

My question is should i have my bumper meshed up or not?, how many on this board have meshed theirs up???, and should it be done, i knw it looks cooler w/o the mesh, but will meshing help save my cooler in the long run??

Mesh will stop stuff like decent sized gravel flicking up and putting a hole in the cooler..that has to be a good thing!!

I dont have mesh on mine.

The fins on the cooler are pretty ok for the amount of km's i travel! Theres an occasional bent one or two from rocks but overall i dont feel the need for any mesh.

If you care about your cooler then mesh it. If you want to show the world your bling cooler, then leave it off. Personally for my 10 cents worth - go with the mesh.

if you put the mesh on you will probably take it off in a few months, and vice versa. hahah thats what im like.

seriously though, there are some big bugs round Australia and they eventually find a way to bend every bloody fin, and the last thing that goes through their mind right before they hit that cooler is...... their ass

hahah, nice thoughts, i'll see how i go tommorow wen car is back, somehow i got the feeling im going to be taking the mesh off right away!!! thanks

Can you post pics when your done? I wanna see what a Type M bar looks like with a centre bit cut out.

Cheers,

Setting aside the 'wank' factor of having mesh....I've done heaps of interstate driving as well as some fairly spirited country road cruises/drives and my mesh has saved the coolers from heaps of rocks & bugs etc. All you need to look at is the state of the mesh now with bent bits etc etc.

So I'd say it depends on what kind of driving you intend to do....

if you ever plan to drive fast on the freeway, or do to a race track you should mesh. having had the GTR (no mesh) out on the track a number of times i can tell you the cooler looks much worse for wear than it did a year ago. i have now bought the stock GTR mesh for it and one day will whack it on.