SAU Community

Problems Importing With Kiwi Car Carriers & Kips !

Hmmm Got my Metallic Red R33 GTS-T through them over a year and a half ago - There was a dent on the rear left panel just below the wing.

Cost me $600 to repair - and being a red car with some minor paint fade - the repair matched the top of the cars colour but not the bumper so now I have a slighlty silver pink look in that area next to a solid red bumper - looks crap...

Also the side mirrors looked like they had been swapped with a very crapped out car - paint worn off completely - not matching the fade of my car at all... got these re-sprayed as well...

I did not bother with chasing Kiwi up at all as I thought it would be to hard to prove when the damage had occured - to many people handle your car between buying it and receiving it...

(Trucking, warfies, shipping, warfies, trucking, compliance, trucking)

So I just paid the bills and left it at that :P

Might go with the alternative shippers this time though after reading this... as I thought it was just a bit of bad luck... My next car will be my 5th import...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just imported my Evo 3 with KIWI/Seaway and had no problems at all. Tony in Adelaide and Haley in Brisbane were great and the guy here in Japan at KIWI, Sakaue-san was excellent as well. No damage to the car and everything was sorted out quickly.

Now, who wants to buy it?

• 2 months later...

Dodgybrooks - GL with the EVO III, I'm thinking to buy one too. Let me know how you go. Any roof rust problems with yours? I've seen a couple with pretty major rust in the roof. Also they are hard to find in good nick - most are well thrashed.

I've had a pretty good run with Kiwi till my last two cars. One had the gear knob flogged and the other all the car contents (wheels, turbo manifold - brakes). No one will verify seeing the goods in the car so it could have gone missing in Japan who knows! Anyway Kiwi were pretty helpful but it didn't lead to anything. Might look at using K line next time - does anyone have a contact no. in Japan for them?

Dodgybrooks - GL with the EVO III, I'm thinking to buy one too. Let me know how you go. Any roof rust problems with yours? I've seen a couple with pretty major rust in the roof. Also they are hard to find in good nick - most are well thrashed.

I've had a pretty good run with Kiwi till my last two cars. One had the gear knob flogged and the other all the car contents (wheels, turbo manifold - brakes). No one will verify seeing the goods in the car so it could have gone missing in Japan who knows! Anyway Kiwi were pretty helpful but it didn't lead to anything. Might look at using K line next time - does anyone have a contact no. in Japan for them?

My daughter worked with K-Line in Sydney for three years handling imports,and there was only one complaint and that was from a guy who imported a Supra and left a brand new set of speakers in the boot and they were stolen,bearing in mind Subaru use K-Line and yes WRX and STIs are carried.Ive personally worked in the shipping industry for 20 years, from

Japan you cant beat K-Line or Mitsui and yes like every other industry, complaints and dodgy work the word soon travels throughout the industry,and to clarify all vehicles are secured to the deck from underneath the car no chains are used over the body,if you can imagine a car carrier rolling at 45deg.in a storm and unsecured cars not a pretty sight and yes it does happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just used KIWI?Seaway to bring in my Aristo.

If there are any issues with it when it arrives I will fire bomb there office, kill there children, maime there family members and so on and so on.

your all too soft, if someone f**ks you YOU f**k BACK!

• 1 month later...

I shipped through kiwi last year to bring over my Series 2 R33. Apart from excessive delivery time and a bit of front bar damage (which i dont blame them for, it was very low), no real problems. Having said that, wouldnt go through them again after hearing all these horror stories!

Cheers, Bart.