SAU Community

Problems Importing With Kiwi Car Carriers & Kips !

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realise Kiwi/Seaway were connected. I thought that seaway were a seperate business. Anyway, the problems I had were with seaway. They made a few accounting errors on the invoice that I was sent which had on it the shipping plus taxes ect ect... They had to be corrected twice before sending out the proper total that I owed them. (I was over charged aprox. $200)... Having said that, the staff member that I dealt with was very polite and helpful and always replied to emails promptly.

I didn't realise Kiwi/Seaway were connected.  I thought that seaway were a seperate business.  Anyway, the problems I had were with seaway.  They made a few accounting errors on the invoice that I was sent which had on it the shipping plus taxes ect ect... They had to be corrected twice before sending out the proper total that I owed them.  (I was over charged aprox. $200)... Having said that, the staff member that I dealt with was very polite and helpful and always replied to emails promptly.

lol, it wasn't until the third invoice that they managed to list the correct VIN! At first I was picking up a ENR32 then an CNR32. Not a big deal when you look back but it was a stressor for my first time importing. Was a bit worried I'd been sold a GTE or something

I have had 2 cars come in with kiwi, first one was fine, 2nd one (my gtr) had a broken window and a nice mark on the door (luckily it polished out). for the amount of hassle it was going to take to file a claim i didn't bother and just paid to have the window fixed myself (around $400 i think). This was after it took around 2 months to get my car onto one of their ships. I would not use kiwi again.

• 4 months later...

This is still dragging on!

Where we are up to:

Basically the assessors did not get paid and would not fill out their side of the forms as they have not been paid in months.

This was finially sorted end of March and invoices/repair bills sent off.

From 6/4/06 to 25/5/06 nothing has happened.

On the 9/6/06 I got a reply from Kips stating that they would get back to me the following monday

22/6/06 Today, still no word back from Kips

I just got my R32 to my door from Seaway/Kiwi.

Firstly, Seaway were awesome. Brendan and Nicky looked after me very well.

My only complaint is a dent in the boot that looks like it was caused by a chain.

I'll let Seaway know about it and see where I can go from there.

Amosite. If you're still having trouble with no response from Kiwi give me a PM.

I might not be able to help directly but can direct you to someone that might... that goes for anyone else having troubles with KIPS.

Obviously insurance is insurance so they will try to screw you where-ever possible regardless.

• 1 month later...
I just got my R32 to my door from Seaway/Kiwi.

Firstly, Seaway were awesome. Brendan and Nicky looked after me very well.

My only complaint is a dent in the boot that looks like it was caused by a chain.

I'll let Seaway know about it and see where I can go from there.

There are no chains involved in the lashing of cars on board ships. And I'm yet to see a chain used to lash a car on a truck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yeh Seaway were very polite with me as well. Especially when they sent me a threatening letter more than a 1year after I imported my car saying that I still owed them money. Apparently they had forgot to bill me and were about 7 days away from reporting me to the creditors because they were the ones who screwed up.

I paid them. 2 weeks later I got another threatening letter from them for the same thing saying "their records show an outstanding"...

what a bunch of screw ups..

I didn't realise Kiwi/Seaway were connected. I thought that seaway were a seperate business. Anyway, the problems I had were with seaway. They made a few accounting errors on the invoice that I was sent which had on it the shipping plus taxes ect ect... They had to be corrected twice before sending out the proper total that I owed them. (I was over charged aprox. $200)... Having said that, the staff member that I dealt with was very polite and helpful and always replied to emails promptly.

• 1 month later...

my car was damamged in transport, there was a dent in the driver door like it had been reversed into something with the door open, the hinge was stuffed and the front quarter was chipped from the door binding on it

made a claim with kiwi/kips and the whole thing was resolved in about 2-3months

relatively hassle free. just alot of phone calls to organise the assesor and to get things going.

Seaway in Adelaide are absolutely effing hopeless.

Kiwi imported my last car and didn't cause any damage - nothing was stolen (although it was pretty standard).

I rang Seaway, who had lost my invoices, gave them every Kiwi reference number I had, they had lost my car. "Nope, no Mitsubishis in the yard at all - hasn't been for a few weeks".

After being on and off of the phone to them for a day and a half they still had no idea what was going on.

Craig from J-Spec gave me the number of a girl at Kiwi - she had told me my car should be delivered that day. I rang up Seaway one more time, they still had no idea where my car was. Hung up with them and recieved a call from Toll about 2 mins later, they had just picked up the car from Seaway and were about to drop it off at my house.

Seaway are really <not> on the ball.