SAU Community

Where To Find/buy 2nd Hand Semi Slicks / Slicks?

Well, being the tightarse that i am and not being able to afford a brand new set of semi slicks/slicks, i'm looking around for a 2nd hand set to run at sprint days etc this year.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any people/places to speak to (Preferably in Brisbane, though its not THAT critical) that may have some that they're willing to part with for reasonable prices, as i don't have a huge budget to play with?

Sizes i'm looking for are around the 205/55/16 sort of area (for a 6.5" wide rim, so slightly smaller or larger is okay as well)

Thanks in Advance

Jason

unfortunately it may be a hard ask finding second hand 16s. most of the serious guys these days are on 18s+, and it's the serious guys who turf out half worn tyres. the guys who are on 16s are usually at the tight arse end of the scale, and as such use 'em till they pop.

unfortunately it may be a hard ask finding second hand 16s. most of the serious guys these days are on 18s+, and it's the serious guys who turf out half worn tyres. the guys who are on 16s are usually at the tight arse end of the scale, and as such use 'em till they pop.

:) Sounds like me (how you described the 16" crowd, lol)

Thanks for the help anyway Beer Baron

the Saloon Cars (commodores and Falcons) use 225/50*16 Bridgeston RE55S (same as in that flatspot pic) as their control tyre. The front runners replace them regularly, and their 2nd handies should be very cheap (they pay $225ea brand new).

Edited by hrd-hr30