SAU Community

R33 Intercooler Problems

Hey i want to put a 600x300 front mount on my skyline i have a r33 ser 1.5 just wondering what intercooler kit i need cuz ive looked at some and i just cant see where the piping will go. In the pictures on the intake side of the cooler the pipe comes from the left up past the fan and then into the original cooler pipe, but in mine theres no possible place i can see for that to happen unless u need to cut something out. The only other thing i can think of is that i need a piping kit that raplaces the original as in follows down the right hand side where the original piping runs and then the intake pipe goes arround the back of the cooler into the intake side of the intercool. Can someone please help me out.

• 2 months later...
show me pics of piping kit

ok i have just dont this and well worth the effort if u take the front bar off put it on the bench and u will find the cooler should sit nicely inside it with a little trimming then i ran a piece of bar across from bumper iron to bumper iron then hung it off there.get it as far foward as possable then u wont get hooked up in the ac fan and u may have 2 turn your horns around as well.i took my windscreen washed bottle our from the drivers side and ran my piping up through a new hole i made when the washer sat.if u plan well u can reinstall the washed on a different angle. if u make the piping yourself u will b able 2 use a lot of the old piping but play and u will see what i mean. i think it is also worth the effort to rum your piping from the turbo across the top of the fan then bring the cold air the short way home up through one of your old intercooler holes. it amazes me when i see so many with a pob filter under the bonnet after fitting a frontmount cos there is a spare hole now on the left and i opened it slightly an ran a 3" bend fight off the turbo inlet rubber through the hole and put my pod where my old cooler used 2 sit .and no shit u will get a good hp gain with out changing anything else .my new cooled had strait outlet piping not sure if yours does well good luck and hope it helps