SAU Community

Newbie To Skylines

Hey guys,

Just bought me an R34 GT-T.

Very nice indeed and im happy with the purchase.

Will have to join to Western Aussie club over here now.

One thing though, i have to run it over the pits again on omnday as it failed due to one rear driver side shock leaking and no child restraints on the car.

Any one have any ideas on helping me out with this.

Where can i get the child restraints from?

And if i wipe up the rear shock to look likes its fixed will it work.

how much will it be to replace the single shock? and where can i get it replaced.

Az

how did it get past sevs compliance if it doesnt have child restraints in it if u imported it i would be taking it back to whoever complied the car for you because they should have put the child restraints in it as part of compliance

compliance workshops should have Child restraints no worries, also the leaking shock....check out the FS section, there are always people selling stock suspension after they have upgraded, they go fairly cheap as no one really needs them unless they are trying to comply a car or make it roadworthy again.

Is the shock a stock one? if not just get the shock reconditioned, but depends on why it is leaking, if its overuse get both done, I had both done to be sure, look in yellow pages.

Child restraints are hard to fit cause you have to take out the parcel shelve and seats and get to them in the boot, they HAVE to be the right ones with the right bolts, washes but any compliance place should be able to fit them or know where to get them. try a search on here.

Child restraint missing? strange. A wreckers may help you.

It may work wiping up the shock, but a good mechanic will still pick it up. Don't wast your time just get a new one, I would not be driving around on a stuffed shock. Not just because it is dangerous but because you will break other parts - strut tops, tie rods, suspension arms etc.

Any suspension shop will be able to replace it for around $200 for a standard replacement. Or you could get in on Sydneykid's suspension group buy and replace all of them for something better - which is what I'd do.

Sweet thanks guys,

The car was complianced in VIC and im buying it second hand. I suspect they took the restraints out when they put the rear speakers in.

As for the shock its standard one so ill have to have alook around to get it replaced

Sweet thanks guys,

The car was complianced in VIC and im buying it second hand. I suspect they took the restraints out when they put the rear speakers in.

As for the shock its standard one so ill have to have alook around to get it replaced

Hey Booya, where did you buy your 34 from? And who did the compliance?

If they took the child restraints out for bigger speakers, then it is likely that the anchors are still there, you just need the clips.

Edited by GTRGoddy

Well it has a few mods to it already......................

BLITZ BLOW OFF VALVE

APEXI AIR POD FILTER

BOOST GUAGE

TURBO TIMER

APEXI SAFC 2

BLITZ FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER

OPTIMA DRY CELL BATTERY

19" RIMS

STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST FROM CAT BACK

So ill have to add some mods on myself.

Honestly i dont know that much about cars and this is my first turbo one.

So i dont have a clue on what i should change, depending on how much cash i got to.

Still need to get the dam shock fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and stupid child restraints....... so much hassel running around for these things.

Edited by Booya